Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Templar said:

I may be wrong but I do not think we will pay a transfer fee for Hemmings.

The report says he's a high earner there and they'd be open to getting him off the books. We've seen with May that Saints can structure these deals in such a way as to avoid paying a transfer fee. 

If County are keen to move him on then Saints will try to offer the player a package that means he leaves Meadow Lane without a full pay-off. 

Clubs need to cut their cloth accordingly when relegated. 

Notts County were on the brink of administration or liquidation over this summer if new owners weren't found. Don't know the latest, but possibly they just have to cut their wage bill, and letting players move on without having to settle with them might be all they are after.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Notts County were on the brink of administration or liquidation over this summer if new owners weren't found. Don't know the latest, but possibly they just have to cut their wage bill, and letting players move on without having to settle with them might be all they are after.

They got taken over by a couple of Danish guys recently. 

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Hearing there should be at least 2, maybe 3 in next week if all goes to plan

The back of the sofa must’ve coughed up a fair wad of cash. :lol:

I’m here for a Hemmings/May partnership. May putting in all the graft, Hemmings cutting about the box waiting for Kennedy/Wright/Swanson/MOH/Spoonyto put chances on a plate. Before May signs, I’m happy for Kane to fulfil the ‘running around a lot’ role in the team. 

What’s not to like? 

If we could bring in a central midfielder who’s more comfortable on the ball than what we currently have, that would be delicious. 

I appreciate that McMillan, Anderson and probably a couple of others would have to go before we could make that a reality, but a title tilt is on the cards this season, IMO.