Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

If that is indeed true, then that would be a credible explanation and the club have done the right thing. 

Seems to be getting confirmed by folk who know.

Hard to blame the club for standing firm at this stage tbh, Mays pushing his luck asking for such a huge contract as it is, to ask for more at the end is just stupid.

Horrible feeling Vines convinced him it would work, and turned up at the game last night purely to try and get fans to pressure Brown into wilting. No idea why May has him advising him, hes the archetypal player who wasted his career.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hard to blame the club for standing firm at this stage tbh, Mays pushing his luck asking for such a huge contract as it is, to ask for more at the end is just stupid.

Horrible feeling Vines convinced him it would work, and turned up at the game last night purely to try and get fans to pressure Brown into wilting. No idea why May has him advising him, hes the archetypal player who wasted his career.

Vine, may, croft all stayed/went about Perth when they were all here, A great influence they had on him I would suggest .

Kinda fascinated to see how this works out, its a make or break move for him now and this is brave/stupid approach.

at least he knows at saints he will get time, fans on his side and if he runs about and scores a few hes immediately better than anyone else we have up front.

surely all other teamvs just see him as the pish guy at Aberdeen rather than the saints fans rose tinted view .

IF he goes to dundee and fails then his next move will end up being to a Queen of the South/Greenock Morton type team

just sign the f*cking contract stevie

Quite bold character assassinations you’re making there

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quite bold character assassinations you’re making there

Not really. Vine is an absolute w****r. He was a regular for us, scored goals, helped us finish 3rd and scored the winner against Celtic, still found himself getting skelped in a Perth nightclub by a Saints fan.

Maybe hes a consummate professional as an agent/adviser, but he was the exact opposite as a player.

In terms of May, he needs to make a strong decision or throw away his career. I can't envisage him taking a wage over £2k a week and getting away with 3 goals a season anywhere but Saints.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not really. Vine is an absolute w****r. He was a regular for us, scored goals, helped us finish 3rd and scored the winner against Celtic, still found himself getting skelped in a Perth nightclub by a Saints fan.

Maybe hes a consummate professional as an agent/adviser, but he was the exact opposite as a player.

In terms of May, he needs to make a strong decision or throw away his career. I can't envisage him taking a wage over £2k a week and getting away with 3 goals a season anywhere but Saints.

He should come to Saints because we're willing to overpay him for being shite is quite the change of tune.

I don't know anything about Vine really so will bow out of that one.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He should come to Saints because we're willing to overpay him for being shite is quite the change of tune.

I don't know anything about Vine really so will bow out of that one.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rowan-vine-blasts-st-johnstone-2056487

he's quite the c*nt

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Folk saying it's a bold strategy? Is it f**k, he has a more appealing (to him) offer and is more than willing to take it, it does show you is what type of character he is though.

You can take the boy out of Fife.....

Wonder if the injuries have reminded him how short a career it is, so its all about money now?

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nah. Im obviously biased but we'd be the best move for his career, he'd get a lot of leeway with our support, even with the huge wage packet. If he goes elsewhere with that baggage then he'll have to be prolific from the off or he'll spend his whole time there being hounded, St Mirren and Dundee, for example, will be signing him to keep them up/get them promoted, this season and anything else is failure.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder if the injuries have reminded him how short a career it is, so its all about money now?

Nah. Im obviously biased but we'd be the best move for his career, he'd get a lot of leeway with our support, even with the huge wage packet. If he goes elsewhere with that baggage then he'll have to be prolific from the off or he'll spend his whole time there being hounded, St Mirren and Dundee, for example, will be signing him to keep them up/get them promoted, this season and anything else is failure.

Jokes aside, do you want a striker who would base his decision on where he'll get leeway for not performing? Needs to back himself.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jokes aside, do you want a striker who would base his decision on where he'll get leeway for not performing? Needs to back himself.

As I say, I'm heavily biased.

Either way I'm not convinced I'd have him as a highest earner at the club based entirely on what he achieved 5 years ago. I'd rather re-direct some of the money to Clark/Kennedy getting new contracts.

You know I've checked the Saints website twice today. That's what Saints have done to me - checking the actual official site that's never once been first to break a story. Once was bad enough but actually going back and checking again - must be desperate.