Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

We've released about 1000 players, including high-earners like Tony Watt, Brian Easton, Blair Alston and Joe Shaughnessy. We've signed two cheap cover options so far. When our chairman releases a statement of intent that he's willing to 'go the extra mile' to sign club legend Stevie May, there really are no viable excuses.

Honestly if we cant match any of the teams mentioned, then what exactly is the point?

Its been a good run, might as well shut up shop

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

🤣 Every time your club tweets...

image.png.4d1dbb8baf0edbc1517e2c416cb1df97.png

I've no idea why the club are tweeting irrelevant things, tbh, all they're doing is increasing fans frustration with them.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It's went from a shambles to a high then back to a shambles again, all in 1 week :lol: I fucking love pre season. 

I don't, we're well on course to head into the season with Chris Kane and Callum Hendry as our only strikers. O'Halloran has proved over the past two games he isn't a finisher aswell.

If May ends up at Dundee or St Mirren Brown is going to have a lot to answer for. As Radford says, they can't just stay silent on this. There's been massive disquiet about our summer business and a real sense of apathy amongst the support, which looked like being alleviated by the signature of May. You could almost guarantee it'd put extra bodies on the gate/extra ST sales. To get as far as we have only for it to fall to bits at the last second may well be down to wage demands - but as far as I'm concerned the only way that should have become an issue for us is if there's been a sudden ramping up in demands *after* the medical was completed.

The whole situation is a shambles, and the problem Brown now has is that any statement he issues is either going to blame the agent (and by extension the player) for making excessive wage demands (thus burning bridges with one of our most popular and, in recent times iconic, ex players) or is going to invite enormous criticism on himself by admitting he's refused to make funds available having previously promised to "go the extra mile"/

It's a ridiculous situation, and if he ends up at St Mirren or Dundee are we seriously saying they're in a better financial position to meet May's demands than us? That seems unlikely.

Dropped away from following this too much earlier in the week as the rumours and speculation were getting ridiculous and I didn’t think it could get any worse, oh how wrong I was!

If the deals dead then so be it, fingers will get pointed, people will go in the huff for a while and then ultimately move on. However the optimist in me would like to think that as there has been soooo much complaining about Saints public relations (and rightly so I may add) recently, that they’re actually playing an absolute blinder here, trolling f**k out of all the moaners and all of this is a massive publicity stunt culminating in the announcement of May and whomever else has been targeted. Just look at the traffic online the rumours have been causing alone!

Folk would be both raging and excited at the same time, although I suspect the optimist in me will be disappointed once again. 

WAP at its finest 

All I can see right now is Dundee we’re wanting him permanently and there was a delay on the transfer fee, we express our interests and his contract gets mutually terminated by Aberdeen and we start talks now they collapse. Great way for us to give the Scum a player they can afford without paying a transfer fee for. 

Fantastic, we have negotiated the release of his contract (Not May or Vine funnily enough) and he signs for Dundee, thus we have single handedly saved Dundee a transfer fee. 

It shall all become clear in the next few days however, as;

I am playing Golf with 2 Aberdeen Directors tomorrow so hopefully they can perhaps give an insight as to what has gone on

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

If May ends up at Dundee or St Mirren Brown is going to have a lot to answer for. As Radford says, they can't just stay silent on this. There's been massive disquiet about our summer business and a real sense of apathy amongst the support, which looked ldeal ike being alleviated by the signature of May. You could almost guarantee it'd put extra bodies on the gate/extra ST sales. To get as far as we have only for it to fall to bits at the last second may well be down to wage demands - but as far as I'm concerned the only way that should have become an issue for us is if there's been a sudden ramping up in demands *after* the medical was completed.

The whole situation is a shambles, and the problem Brown now has is that any statement he issues is either going to blame the agent (and by extension the player) for making excessive wage demands (thus burning bridges with one of our most popular and, in recent times iconic, ex players) or is going to invite enormous criticism on himself by admitting he's refused to make funds available having previously promised to "go the extra mile"/

It's a ridiculous situation, and if he ends up at St Mirren or Dundee are we seriously saying they're in a better financial position to meet May's demands than us? That seems unlikely.

Disagree. 

In any other employment situation, if you agree a deal in principle and pass the medical and then at the last minute turn around and demand a higher salary, you can GTF. You negotiate before a contract's drawn up. 

In my book that would be acting in bad faith. No idea if that's what happened here but if it did then I would not blame Brown. 

23 minutes ago, deej said:

Oh you fucking tease

I don't think he was suggesting what you're thinking hes suggesting.

I think.