Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I suppose we haven't fully thrown the toys out the pram and withdrawn the offer like we did with shaugnessy.

maybe its just a negotiating tactic by brown...

The deals dead.

On 23/07/2019 at 17:29, RandomGuy. said:

The most reliable Saints journalist around has confirmed hes signing, and theres quotes from our players talking about looking forward to playing beside him. Its over.

FWIW you're paying more money for Brian Graham than we paid for May.

Wouldn’t be difficult seeing as Stevie hates the Saintees 

Edited by Yenitit

Whilst we're all desperate to know NOW what' s going on, look at how poorly the Turnbull saga reflected on Motherwell and Celtic by negotiating in public. Saints have always conducted their business in private. For as long as they say nothing in my head there is still a chance. Everything that's been in the press has been pure speculation. It's hard to just wait but I guess you need to put your faith in Broon that whatever decision is made he thinks its in the best interest of the club.

Whilst it will be an absolute sickener if he turns out for St Mirren or Dundee I'm sure it will be for the manager/club too.  

On 23/07/2019 at 17:17, RandomGuy. said:

Careful now. You going to believe Robert Thomson, or Ludo and Yenitit?

There’s ‘itk’ then there’s ‘in the know’. 

Me and Ludo ken 😉

Pray for RandomGuy, Lang toon saintee and the real saints 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

There’s ‘itk’ then there’s ‘in the know’. 

Me and Ludo ken 😉

Pray for RandomGuy, Lang toon saintee and the real saints 

*shrugs shoulders*

I'll just move on to getting over excited about the next player, probably Cummings.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So much teeth gnashing, wailing, chairman hatred and angst over being cheap or not getting the players in.

I think I've taken a wrong turn somewhere and ended up on blackandwhitearmy!!

Isnt that the norm for a football fan? 

-----------

I'm not usually on the blame the chairman albeit no one is ever faultless but more often than not his decisions have worked out alright for us. If he was going to cost as a small fortune on remember an alleged 3!! year deal and for example there was concerns about him, whether that be fitness or whatever  (🍺) else and its been deemed not worth the risk, i think i'm alright with that but again im speculating about what could even be the reason for the deal allegedly being dead.

Are we just all being clickbaited by the Daily Record?! haha. I imagine the information going to the record as well wont be coming from the club either.  

Hopefully get some information either way though if it is dead as to why. At least that way people can make their mind up who to blame based on fact rather than just going "Its Browns fault" when they actually have absolutely no clue - thats if its still doesn't happen. 

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I mean, your boy doesn't sound to confident about it...

image.png.e54de5d9bc6413bf1d111d29d1a47f62.png

That has to be a record, even for me 😂

Where do we go from here then? We're still desperate for a striker, and it sort of feels like we went baws oot on May.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So much teeth gnashing, wailing, chairman hatred and angst over being cheap or not getting the players in.

I think I've taken a wrong turn somewhere and ended up on blackandwhitearmy!!

We've released about 1000 players, including high-earners like Tony Watt, Brian Easton, Blair Alston and Joe Shaughnessy. We've signed two cheap cover options so far. When our chairman releases a statement of intent that he's willing to 'go the extra mile' to sign club legend Stevie May, there really are no viable excuses.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

We've released about 1000 players, including high-earners like Tony Watt, Brian Easton, Blair Alston and Joe Shaughnessy. We've signed two cheap cover options so far. When our chairman releases a statement of intent that he's willing to 'go the extra mile' to sign club legend Stevie May, there really are no viable excuses..... 

.... For Vine not to increase his demands