Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

44 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

We’ll surely want an away fixture first to give the pitch an extra week?

You'd think that but we'll probably end up playing a pre season friendly on it before the league cup campaign starts.

Like we did last summer when we played Cove 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Probably couldn’t have asked for a better draw for personal reasons. Given how hard it is for me to get to games  the chance to walk to Ochilview and even a short dip in the car over the water to Alloa is just perfect. 
Who wants to borrow my driveway?

On 07/06/2023 at 11:42, jagfox said:

I hear Kyle Turner could be signing up with you guys.

Were you believing this was quite likely by the way?

Have my doubts whether Saints will have the pulling power financially. 

I seen someone seen posting on the Saints fans forum that he's signing.... About 20 mins after you posted here 🤔 😂

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Were you believing this was quite likely by the way?

Have my doubts whether Saints will have the pulling power financially. 

I seen someone seen posting on the Saints fans forum that he's signing.... About 20 mins after you posted here 🤔 😂

Just heard a rumours the other day. He or his representatives will be talking with various clubs, I'd assume. He's still listed as in talks with us, on our keep/ release list.

Seems to be represented by Jackie McNamara's sports agency.

Motherwell getting linked now. He's based in, or around, Johnstone in Renfrewshire, so may be a factor. Not sure there is an obvious space there, for him, though.

7 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Just heard a rumours the other day. He or his representatives will be talking with various clubs, I'd assume. He's still listed as in talks with us, on our keep/ release list.

Seems to be represented by Jackie McNamara's sports agency.

Motherwell getting linked now. He's based in, or around, Johnstone in Renfrewshire, so may be a factor. Not sure there is an obvious space there, for him, though.

Off to Dens apparently.

9 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Gerald Butler and Ewan McGregor have a combined net worth of £105 million and both have ties to #perthshire. I would welcome this consortium.

As does Alan Cumming….    Can you imagine our strips?   

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

If we are serious about pathways for the youngsters* then signing an attacking midfielder from Partick isn't exactly the right kind of move imo.

* they aren't exactly youngsters now, are they? Max is what, 22?

Only if the manager believes they're up to it though. Saints fans seems absolutely convinced about Max though but time will tell. 

He turned 21 last month. 

7 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Only if the manager believes they're up to it though. Saints fans seems absolutely convinced about Max though but time will tell. 

He turned 21 last month. 

This is true. We all expect them to be in the first team squad this season, especially since he chucked Ballantine in, then made space by punting deadwood like MOH and Spoony. We could be in for a surprise. 

22 hours ago, Radford said:

Each group has a specific template. Group A is the top seed playing teams in slots three and five away. So trips to Alloa and Stenhousemuir. 

Just like the eighties.

Disappointed Alloa will be away, missing the chance to see Scougall grace the McDiarmid Park pitch again.

14 hours ago, tree house tam said:

This is true. We all expect them to be in the first team squad this season, especially since he chucked Ballantine in, then made space by punting deadwood like MOH and Spoony. We could be in for a surprise. 

Ballantynes the one im most on the fence about. He done okay coming in but very kuch got the benefit of circumstance giving him a lot of leeway. Id worry we wont see much goals/assists from him.

Max needs a chance at least, but again, probably wont be contributing anything tangible.

Ferguson has a huge leap to make, from L2 and physically, so cant see him being a huge player this season and probably off to the Championship for a loan.

Beyond that is there actually any other youngsters to bring in?

15 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Nice to see Marc Guidi get a new gig at Inverness. 

The tone of the statement is Guidi-esque, although far more transparent than anything he’d come up with

Edited by PSJ.84

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Disappointed Alloa will be away, missing the chance to see Scougall grace the McDiarmid Park pitch again.

Ballantynes the one im most on the fence about. He done okay coming in but very kuch got the benefit of circumstance giving him a lot of leeway. Id worry we wont see much goals/assists from him.

Max needs a chance at least, but again, probably wont be contributing anything tangible.

Ferguson has a huge leap to make, from L2 and physically, so cant see him being a huge player this season and probably off to the Championship for a loan.

Beyond that is there actually any other youngsters to bring in?

Personally I hope cammy gets a chance to shine and hold down a regular position

I think we still need one or 2 midfielders to come in

Don't think wee max will break through next season,will probably be given league cup games and loaned our again

Another season on loan at decent level probably best for his development 

Cammy Ballantyne will be 24 by the end of next season, Kucheriavyi will be 22. Neither of these guys can be viewed as players that need developing elsewhere by the time they reach that age.

Ballantyne has played over 100 games, Kucheriavyi has had three loans and must be around 60 games. The experience they need now is at Premiership level and if they aren't ready for it then they shouldn't be at the club.

Alex Ferguson at still just 19 is a bit different, despite also having three loans, because none have been above League Two level. Six months at Championship or a good League One team could be a step for him.

11 minutes ago, Radford said:

Cammy Ballantyne will be 24 by the end of next season, Kucheriavyi will be 22. Neither of these guys can be viewed as players that need developing elsewhere by the time they reach that age.

Ballantyne has played over 100 games, Kucheriavyi has had three loans and must be around 60 games. The experience they need now is at Premiership level and if they aren't ready for it then they shouldn't be at the club.

Alex Ferguson at still just 19 is a bit different, despite also having three loans, because none have been above League Two level. Six months at Championship or a good League One team could be a step for him.

This is similar to my thoughts as well, if you're over 22 and still not in the first team or at least fighting hard to be in there then it's time to go. You're stunting your career and clogging up the pathway of others, Goalies can obviously be treated a wee bit different. This only changes when the player that's keeping you out is a superstar who's on the verge of retirement and we know you're taking his place.

1 hour ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Personally I hope cammy gets a chance to shine and hold down a regular position

I think we still need one or 2 midfielders to come in

Don't think wee max will break through next season,will probably be given league cup games and loaned our again

Another season on loan at decent level probably best for his development 

Ballantyne deserves a chance, but im not sure he'll be good enough to start regularly as the attacking midfielder for a team wanting to challenge for the top half. Fully believe he'll be fine for coming in and out the team when needed, just wont give us enough in terms of end product. Probably be better deeper with someone else taking on the scoring/creative role.

Which i guess is where Max comes in. Worried he seemed to retreat into his shell at Falkirk when the going got tough. In a deeper role so youd want to see him dictating play and really driving the team forward, instead he end up playing it safe most of the time and looked a bit timid.

Guess we're fine if 1 of those 2 steps up, as we're likely going to have to play one of them regularly regardless. Still think another will be added if Hallberg is confirmed away though.

Id like to see Ferguson given a chance, but unsure its best to keep him in the squad if he can play 30+ Championship games instead.

Is the entire club on holiday? No announcement of any friendlies, no announcement of who the assistant manager/coaching team are and nothing about if we’re in talks with Brown, Kane and Hallberg. I know we can kind of gather that they are in talks with those players since they weren’t released but some sort of update would be nice