Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

For a team with a manager who likes to defend deep and be solid defensively its quite a feat to have not managed a single clean sheet in 18 games. 

14 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Useless wee negative bawbag.

Bit harsh, he’s only saying

23 hours ago, Kyle said:

Sounds about right . He’s absolute garbage, how Callum Davidson thought he’s worth a 2 and a half year contract on the back of a poor loan in the first half of last season I’ll never know. 

In other circumstances I'd say the Crawford transfer needs investigating as potential corruption / fraud / money-laundering / bungs or the like, but then you picture Callum standing looking confused with his finger in his ear and it seems fairly self explanatory 

Edited by FrankChickens1

Interesting going back to page ~337ish and reading about our thoughts in early 2018.

Fears about a poor season. A rebuild with young fresher players required. Likely loss of experienced, long serving, well loved players.

That Summer TW bought Drey Wright, Tony Watt, Matty Kennedy, Ross Callachan and Michael O'Halloran. He lost Alan Mannus, Keith Watson, Chris Millar, Steven MacLean and Stefan Scougall.

A similar summer, in terms of those coming in quality/age wise, is needed.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting going back to page ~337ish and reading about our thoughts in early 2018.

Fears about a poor season. A rebuild with young fresher players required. Likely loss of experienced, long serving, well loved players.

That Summer TW bought Drey Wright, Tony Watt, Matty Kennedy, Ross Callachan and Michael O'Halloran. He lost Alan Mannus, Keith Watson, Chris Millar, Steven MacLean and Stefan Scougall.

If you think Callum Davidson is capable of those sorts of signings, ones actually better than they're replacing, you may be in for a shock.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scougall was no great loss though 😉

10 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Matthews has been ok in my opinion but to claim he's been "outstanding" is just more crap from Davidson, can almost guarantee regardless of where we are post split sinclair wont get any game time

That's pretty much it. 

He's made some good saves at times but then there's been the ones he probably should have kept out. 

A few mistakes recently like the Killie goal. Was a bit unlikely on Saturday with the Aberdeen goal but at the same time it wouldn't have happened if it was at the opposite end I don't think. 

He's been fine, good enough but other clubs certainly won't be thinking "we could do with him in our team" either. 

Will Sinclair get a chance? Doubt it. I think Davidson may backtrack on the alleged promise of him being No1 next season as well. 

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

If you think Callum Davidson is capable of those sorts of signings, ones actually better than they're replacing, you may be in for a shock.

I dont tbh.

A Summer of trying to remake this season exact squad + Joe Shaughnessy, Rickie Lamie, and some Millwall kid on loan sounds about right.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Scougall was frustrating as f**k. He absolutely should have been one of TWs " diamonds". 

Scougall was my boy.

Had it all technically but physically a weed. Shouldve had a squad built around him as a 10 but never done anything worthy of having that happen. Playing him out wide was a waste of time.

A shame really but one you maybe accept was a good idea despite being a failure.

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Matthews has been ok in my opinion but to claim he's been "outstanding"

Kind of sums up the lack of standards Davidson has, as mentioned a lot by Radford, tbh.

The biggest, most baffling, bit for me is its been 5 months (caveat of the World Cup stealing a month) since the Rangers win and we've won 3 games in that time, yet the manager regularly talks as if hes pleased with the season, was acting as if we could reach the top half (which wouldve required about 3/4 wins from 6), and is decribing players involved in that run as "outstanding".

We're closer to 11th than 6th after 30 games.

Why is he acting like its been a successful season?

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why is he acting like its been a successful season?

He has to. Simple as that. Last season was such a disaster after the double season that he has to build up this one. 

The standards set by TW for the club might as well be ancient history now because the narrative being built up by these clowns just now is that anything above 11th should be cause for celebration. 

We have a lot  of work to do in terms of contracts too. Just from the list of senior players (loans included as they'll either have to be replaced or re-negotiated most likely too;

Remi Matthews

Elliot Parish 

James Brown

Alex Mitchell

Adam Montgomery

David Wotherspoon

Murray Davidson

Charlie Gilmour 

Melker Hallberg

Alex Ferguson

Michael O’Halloran

Connor McLennan

Jamie Murphy

Chris Kane

Eetu Vertainen

Given how safe we are, how successful we've been and how amazing  our squad is, it's really a wonder that we're not doing more to tie up some of these players. Very strange.

From that list, Wotherspoon, Brown and Kane are the only ones you'd think will definitely be offered new deals. Hallberg is very expensive and doesn't really produce much, Ferguson should be offered a deal but this manager is an idiot. The rest, god knows.

I'm not sure what's worse, the list above or the names not featured on that list that'll still be with us beyond this summer.

Edited by Kyle