Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I still think not targeting a defender in January was a mistake. 

Matthews error for that goal too, surely someone’s considering giving Sinclair an opportunity soon.

We should absolutely be starting Sinclair next week based on form, never mind anything else. Two games in a row Matthews has been culpable.

It may well be that his loan deal means if he’s fit he plays however…

9 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

We should absolutely be starting Sinclair next week based on form, never mind anything else. Two games in a row Matthews has been culpable.

It may well be that his loan deal means if he’s fit he plays however…

He didn’t look in too good a condition yesterday I thought.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Top six frittered away since December.

This was the table after being County on the 17th.

Screenshot_20230402_142135_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b73259d7e9f6edaa66f73dfd2f838ade.jpg

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This was the table after being County on the 17th.

Screenshot_20230402_142135_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b73259d7e9f6edaa66f73dfd2f838ade.jpg

24 points from 17 matches 

followed by 

8 points from 13 matches

Thats a staggering drop-off. No major injuries or having to sell key players or anything else glaringly obvious that you can point to this time round.  Just started a shite run of form and never really got ourselves out of it.

Going by the points per game ratio we’re currently on (8 from 13),  I make it we’ll get 5 more points this season, leaving us finishing on 37.

That would be 2 points more than last season’s total.

6 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He's also partly to blame for that if the clubs "explanations" are to be believed.

The reasoning the club have given is it needed work and then allowed something like a minimum 12 weeks to bed in but because his team were shite and finished 11th so there wasn't enough time between the playoff and the League cup starting so they were back using it again after like 4 weeks 🤷 

When would a pitch ever get 12 weeks to bed in? 

The maximum time for a bottom 6 team between season end & League Cup qualifiers is about 6-7 weeks. 

On 23/03/2023 at 10:19, The Saintee said:

Every time I see Ali Crawford -2024 a bit of my soul dies.

If you were wondering whether some time in the Championship might at least see him return to you in the summer with some confidence:

If it was just the dreadful finishing shown here that'd be one thing, but he's been consistently hopeless in his all round play as well. His selection has been a significant factor in tanking our season.

29 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

When would a pitch ever get 12 weeks to bed in? 

The maximum time for a bottom 6 team between season end & League Cup qualifiers is about 6-7 weeks. 

12 weeks, 10 weeks.. whatever it was the said. The club are saying it needed double the bedding in time it actually got and blames that on the playoff.

They started playing friendlies on it prior to the league cup as well. It was horrific at that point with large very noticable gaps between rolls of turf and burn marks where fertiliser had evidently been split on it. See photos:

IMG20220712201209.jpg

IMG20220712201239.jpg

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If you were wondering whether some time in the Championship might at least see him return to you in the summer with some confidence:

If it was just the dreadful finishing shown here that'd be one thing, but he's been consistently hopeless in his all round play as well. His selection has been a significant factor in tanking our season.

Sounds about right . He’s absolute garbage, how Callum Davidson thought he’s worth a 2 and a half year contract on the back of a poor loan in the first half of last season I’ll never know. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Sounds about right . He’s absolute garbage, how Callum Davidson thought he’s worth a 2 and a half year contract on the back of a poor loan in the first half of last season I’ll never know. 

This deal convinces that McLennan will also be given at minimum a 2 year deal. 

See if we sign McLennan and allow David to leave. I swear 😬

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Even playing for his best pal he's shite.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

24 points from 17 matches 

followed by 

8 points from 13 matches

Thats a staggering drop-off. No major injuries or having to sell key players or anything else glaringly obvious that you can point to this time round.  Just started a shite run of form and never really got ourselves out of it.

Going by the points per game ratio we’re currently on (8 from 13),  I make it we’ll get 5 more points this season, leaving us finishing on 37.

That would be 2 points more than last season’s total.

I think the PPG will go up, as we've been good v bottom half sides (so far) this season.

We simply cannot be anywhere near 10th/11th by the end considering where we sat in December. Zero amount of spin makes it acceptable considering the things youve mentioned.

Ever since we imploded a bit at the end of the home tie with LAsK with 2 red cards, our discipline has been poor.

That season there were some dodgy decisions against us, but we had a big lack of discipline on a few occasions when we were up against it.

This season it feels like half the games where we look okay and have a chance we f**k it up by losing a player. 

90629E93-3735-4577-B604-8BA60F22C44B.thumb.jpeg.674f2299a204bb6a272f2ef5df5733f3.jpeg

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the PPG will go up, as we've been good v bottom half sides (so far) this season.

We simply cannot be anywhere near 10th/11th by the end considering where we sat in December. Zero amount of spin makes it acceptable considering the things youve mentioned.

I think this as well, but we’re a team that went 8 defeats in a row so I just hope neither of the bottom two go on a run or I could see us getting very nervy.

Ideally we get 5-6 points pre-split to practically guarantee theres no chance of us getting dragged into the battle.

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think this as well, but we’re a team that went 8 defeats in a row so I just hope neither of the bottom two go on a run or I could see us getting very nervy.

Ideally we get 5-6 points pre-split to practically guarantee theres no chance of us getting dragged into the battle.

Next week massive.

Lose and we could genuinely get dragged into it again. Clear manager can't turn a poor form around tactically so we're fucked if players lose confidence.

Win and thats safety completelt guaranteed and pressure off, and we can experiment for next season (surely).

Follow a win v County with a decent post split, with him giving Sinclair a run and experimenting with different shapes, and i can see why some people would feel optimistic headed into the Summer.

Worst case is us slowly sinking closer to 11th, no signs of any changes or thoughts about next season, and us all being miserable headed into the Summer brsak.

Edited by RandomGuy.