Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 22/03/2023 at 14:52, Valentino Bolognese said:

I thought the most alarming part of that article was "The absence of Nicky Clark through injury leaves a big hole in the St Johnstone team. Signing the experienced centre-forward from Dundee United was viewed as the final, essential, part of the Perth jigsaw".

It seems to me that Callum's approch to completing a jigsaw would be to tip out all the pieces, throw away a few on the basis that he just doesn't like the look of them, not bother to look at what the picture's supposed to look like, then batter together random pieces with a claw hammer to make them 'fit'.

Then blame the pieces for it being an absolute shitshow.

Post of the season!!

And accurate as f**k.

On 22/03/2023 at 14:23, Widge said:

I know what some on here are going to say, but if we can’t persuade Mitchell that Perth is far better than anywhere else in the world. Which we all know is never happening, I’d be happy re-signing Joe Shaunessey to be honest, we know he can play in a 2 and a 3 and he’s still relatively sprightly compared to some of our defenders. We all know my thoughts on brining in Robbie Deas as well, but you’d have those 2, Gordon an ever aging Considine and McGowan as utility I guess. I’d be happy with that depending on your full backs. 

Was thinking about Shaughnessy earlier in the season when I heard he’s out the picture at st mirren and out of contract this summer I think.

Reliable, steady, good injury record and proven at this level. Also chips in with the odd goal. 

A yes for me.

14 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Every time I see Ali Crawford -2024 a bit of my soul dies.

And Carey and Considine. 

Neither with anything like as good reason as Crawford, but age alone makes both deals absolutely mental. 

Considine has done better than I expected when slating him regularly a et the start of the season. However, the fact he looked done back then makes the deal a nonsense. 

All going well Considine will still be doing OK next year though. 

Edited by FrankChickens1

Bit disappointed it seems to be a case he'll only get a chance this season if Matthews is ruled out...

“What he’s got to do now is make sure he’s properly ready to go in if something happens to Remi.

... when he should really be getting a chance this season regardless. Much like last season when, for no apparent reason, we played Parish in a dead rubber game rather than him.

Give him experience of playing top flight football before you expect him to be first choice. Clark was eased in alongside Mannus and Sinclair should be getting eased in now we're safe alongside Matthews, if they see Sinclair as a genuine first choice contender next season.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Much like last season when, for no apparent reason, we played Parish in a dead rubber game rather than him.

Just another of Callum Davidsons shitshow decisions. It's times like the one mentioned and the cup groups when he didn't realise a couple more goals would have put us through but instead let the game fizzle out when we were more than capable of doing it. Just a couple in a long list of embarrassments. Then you have the lying sheep shagging gobshite fucking up everything front of house, hiya Flax, I'm waving.

When outsiders looking in say we are lucky with what we have........ we have a board plodding along letting the head of operations and head of the first team make decisions/spend hundreds of thousands when they actually don't know what they are doing, all because wee Broon has thrown a hissy fit and just wants to pretend to be a sparky again. 

I reckon we need two more wins to be 100% safe. If and when we get those in the bag Sinclair should be in, no question at all. Get him five games at the end of this season and the League Cup groups and we'll know pretty well where he is in terms of being ready for Premiership football.

12 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I reckon we need two more wins to be 100% safe. If and when we get those in the bag Sinclair should be in, no question at all. Get him five games at the end of this season and the League Cup groups and we'll know pretty well where he is in terms of being ready for Premiership football.

TBF 2 wins, so 38pts, usually does it, with the caveat this is from a year ago and doesnt include last season figures in the 10yr average.

FJPt5vRWYAkj3NE(1).png.061ec59dfc4c67eb0b69898c1f66c6c3.png

We're currently averaging 1.1, so we're looking at likely 9th if you go by past averages.

Our form this season v the bottom half is good.

Screenshot_20230324_091526_Chrome.thumb.jpg.30ed0c4bf99aa8072b8691bda1ed0a6f.jpg

I think the chances of us failing to pick up 6pts from 9 games is remarkably slim when 6 of those games are against bottom half sides. Too many clubs will cut each others throats after the split for there to be 2 sides gaining 8+ points on us IMO.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Quite literally a no Brainer. 

Yet chances of it happening are significantly below 50%

10 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Considine has done better than I expected when slating him regularly a et the start of the season. However, the fact he looked done back then makes the deal a nonsense. 

All going well Considine will still be doing OK next year though. 

It took me about an hour to realise Considine was playing on Saturday but I mean that as a positive. In the earlier game at Rugby Park I felt he stood out a mile, looked overweight and at least a step or two behind everyone else. He looked totally done. On Saturday I thought he was a lot trimmer looking and if you asked a neutral with no idea about the teams who the oldest player was I doubt many would’ve pointed to him.

15 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It took me about an hour to realise Considine was playing on Saturday but I mean that as a positive. In the earlier game at Rugby Park I felt he stood out a mile, looked overweight and at least a step or two behind everyone else. He looked totally done. On Saturday I thought he was a lot trimmer looking and if you asked a neutral with no idea about the teams who the oldest player was I doubt many would’ve pointed to him.

I was as cynical as anyone when we provided a 2 year deal to a 35 year who has been out for 6+ months. 

He's proven me wrong so far though. He has been very good. Albeit as slow as you've expect but doesn't often get caught out.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bit disappointed it seems to be a case he'll only get a chance this season if Matthews is ruled out...

... when he should really be getting a chance this season regardless. Much like last season when, for no apparent reason, we played Parish in a dead rubber game rather than him.

Give him experience of playing top flight football before you expect him to be first choice. Clark was eased in alongside Mannus and Sinclair should be getting eased in now we're safe alongside Matthews, if they see Sinclair as a genuine first choice contender next season.

Do you really think we are safe already?