Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

A bit like the name of this thread, we should be referring to ourselves as ‘double cup winners St  Johnstone FC’ and celebrating the fact as much as possible from now into eternity.

They mentioned on Twitter during match updates, with a graphic showing two trophies, last season. Was fine until it became clear we were dogshite and folk starting to criticise it.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

It looked like they reached out to fans well known to the club already. 

Podcast guy. Taggart guy. The guy that set up the disabled supporters group ( who comes across very well). I didn't know the other guy though. 

To flesh it out they asked for volunteers and basically just went with the ones that stuck up their hands. Nobody from the FCU put their hand up and none of the women their did either. 

Absolutely nothing was said of the on the pitch performance over the last two seasons or about the signings. One guy tried to start a conversation right at the end but was pretty much ignored. 

MacPherson refused to take part despite being asked to.

Blair put his hand up tbf

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

I was at the back and MacPherson came up and sat just behind me in the corner of the suite. Just before the meet started Flaherty came up and asked him to join the top table.

MacPherson replied that he "didn't want to" and "it's not my thing".

c**t is on easy street, no accountability.

17 hours ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

I think you’re on the right track. 

Definitely too late for the ‘big’ celebration that should’ve happened two years ago.

But definitely not too late to continually shout it from the rooftops that we are double cup winners!

A bit like the name of this thread, we should be referring to ourselves as ‘double cup winners St  Johnstone FC’ and celebrating the fact as much as possible from now into eternity. It’ll probably never happen again for any club outwith the old firm FFS! The place should be plastered with stuff about it. So disappointed that they’ve barely recognised their own achievement. It’s quite saddening to me actually. 

Tbf Kyle had to actually be told to change the thread title. Typical Brown mentality :lol:

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A good move for everyone, i think.

Agreed, boy needs game time and I can’t see much between now and season end with us. Falkirk is a level below where I’d want to see him on loan, but likely a good chance of regular playing. 

just give him a fucking chance next season though. 

58 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Kucheriavyi. Talk to me

Seems to be a promising winger/attacking midfielder, probably best cutting inside from wide at this stage of his career.

Isnt quick pace wise but, from what i saw from Kelty games last season, can get away from folk as he thinks a bit quicker and is quite agile. Great technically.

Should probably have gotten more of a shot with us but we have about 8 players fighting for the same spot and all are older, and thats what the manager prefers.

He'll be really short of match sharpness id imagine, but this should be good to see how he does. Ideally youd get promoted and he'd join for a further 6 months, i think.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Kucheriavyi. Talk to me

Craig Levein was asked on a podcast recently about who he thinks is one of the most promising players in Scotland and he named Max. 

Presumably from Max's time on loan at Brechin where he ripped it up last season and Levein is DoF of something like that.

Not sure if that's a good or back thing, since it's Levein... 😬 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Craig Levein was asked on a podcast recently about who he thinks is one of the most promising players in Scotland and he named Max. 

Presumably from Max's time on loan at Brechin where he ripped it up last season and Levein is DoF of something like that.

Levein was the one who brought him to Scotland and had him on trial at Hearts whilst he was still there. They didn't offer him anything so Levein offered him out to other clubs; including saints, who saw the potential and signed him. Part of it seems that Levein wants to prove he was right and that Hearts missed an opportunity; however he genuinely was right, there is ability there.

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Going to reluctantly accept it as a compliment for the young man

7 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Think it was Levein who ‘discovered’ him, for lack of a better word. He recommended Max to a load of clubs after a stint at Hearts and Saints were the ones to take the risk 

Edited by PSJ.84

10 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Levein thought Gary Kenneth was the next Baresi.

I hadn’t seen it back until today, but a moment of silence for the 3 Celtic players souls that left their bodies with Dan Phillips outrageous heel to heel flick! 

Someone get a gif made of that, Hatate’a face makes it!