Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I’m thinking that at least one person at the club has gone, right guys we can’t sign any more average players until we punt the already average players we have in the squad. Looks like the 2/3 year deals that Callum “Oprah” Davidson was handing out have come back to bite him on the arse. Will he learn though, absolutely not! 

Thing is, now is the time to be planning for next year. First thing I’d be doing is phoning Robbie Deas agent as he’s a ready made replacement for Considine. Wonder is Max Johnstone would fancy moving from Motherwell where he’s not been treated brilliantly and then I’d be keen to explore the Paton option at QoS, he’s almost a replacement for MoH in the winter/striker mould except he’s a lot younger. 

39 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’m thinking that at least one person at the club has gone, right guys we can’t sign any more average players until we punt the already average players we have in the squad. Looks like the 2/3 year deals that Callum “Oprah” Davidson was handing out have come back to bite him on the arse. Will he learn though, absolutely not! 

Thing is, now is the time to be planning for next year. First thing I’d be doing is phoning Robbie Deas agent as he’s a ready made replacement for Considine. Wonder is Max Johnstone would fancy moving from Motherwell where he’s not been treated brilliantly and then I’d be keen to explore the Paton option at QoS, he’s almost a replacement for MoH in the winter/striker mould except he’s a lot younger. 

Far too sensible for the current regime.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Thing is, now is the time to be planning for next year. First thing I’d be doing is phoning Robbie Deas agent as he’s a ready made replacement for Considine. 

Id be amazed if his plans for next season dont include Considine as first choice.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id be amazed if his plans for next season dont include Considine as first choice.

IF his current fitness and form continue like they have so far this season then Mr Considine would be fairly hard done by to be left out. 

He's definitely in the Davidson "can trust" group as well. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Is Booth still expected to be injured for a while yet?

I would be surprised if one your trillion midfielders doesn't end up on loan at Morton this month (Imrie and Crawford are best mates incidentally) but we could do with a left back as well as Strapp is injured and might be out for months.

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I would be surprised if one your trillion midfielders doesn't end up on loan at Morton this month (Imrie and Crawford are best mates incidentally) but we could do with a left back as well as Strapp is injured and might be out for months.

Booth is an odd one.

He was meant to be touch and go for the playoff game last season... I don't believe it's a different injury?!

Then has been injured since. Although has been on the bench a couple of times.

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Hes one of a collection of players whos constantly on the cusp of returning then gets another injury.

I think we've had about 4 players out for 12 months or more since the start of last season.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No I agree, but Deas is coming back from a long term injury and Considine only has another year left, so that’s your succession plan in place. Deas learns from Considine whilst providing back up on the left and when Andy eventually either retires or drops a level you don’t need to source a new centreback. 

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

No I agree, but Deas is coming back from a long term injury and Considine only has another year left, so that’s your succession plan in place. Deas learns from Considine whilst providing back up on the left and when Andy eventually either retires or drops a level you don’t need to source a new centreback. 

I cant imagine Deas either accepting being back up for a season at the age of 23, or us being able to get him ahead of other sides while only offering that.

Of course Davidson could just lie about his projected game time to sign him.

10 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I keep an eye on his stuff because he's usually balanced about Saints but Jim Spence appears to have gone mental.

Hes been melting down for weeks about "perverts in parliament".

Just bizarre stuff.