Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

An utterly ridiculous size of squad. 

That midfield alone should see the manager sacked.  

Staggering that we have 30+ players contracted to the club and our only right back is James Brown.

Wotherspoon, Hallberg, Davidson, Kane, Muphy, Brown, O’Halloran, Parish and Gilmour (+5 loans) expiring at the end of the season. Likely to see at least 3 of those get extensions?

Fucking hell. 

Edited by PSJ.84

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Wotherspoon, Hallberg, Davidson, Kane, Muphy, Brown, O’Halloran, Parish and Gilmour (+5 loans) expiring at the end of the season. Likely to see at least 3 of those get extensions?

Fucking hell. 

Can't see Brown being allowed to leave. 

Wotherspoon's lack of game time has the writing on the wall for me. Either he's indicated he wants to move on or... Davidson doesn't fancy him any longer. 

Gilmour & MOH certs to be gone. 

Hallberg - he'll go wherever the highest offer is. Another one who'll head of to League 1 in England I imagine.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

What does Gus Macpherson actually do? 

Nod.

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Fucking hell. 

Be amazed if he doesn't offer extensions to everyone bar Gilmour and O'Halloran, tbh. Parish is surely retiring unless we beg him not to again.

I can't see him being allowed to offer the type of money he'd need to for us to keep all he'll want though, so surely see some bigger names leave. But f**k knows anymore.

7 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It definitely will be.

I passed Flax and co all coming out of McDiarmid in their cars last window MUCH earlier than this. 

Surprised he wasn’t in country number 35 looking for that striker. 

Edited by Kyle

15 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I'd be stunned if McDiarmid isn't locked up and lights off tbh.

Remember being at Mcdiarmid January 2020 deadline day and it was all in darkness, just finished playing football on the Astro and Tommy / Steve Brown walked out looked around then walked back in. 

An hour later we signed Matt Butcher.

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Surprised he wasn’t in country number 35 looking for that striker. 

Im looking forward to his globetrotting mission to find a free agent defender for us, only to settle on Mikey Devlin.

1 hour ago, shibbydoo said:

There's only one word for everything at McDiarmid Park these days and that word is MEH.

Pretty much.

It feels like we're well set for a 9th/10th placed finish. Most of this squad to be signed up for next season then a summer of loan players. 

19 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I think people obsess over Eetu out of frustration because he's the only one on our books who is scoring goals and he's not even playing for us. Add to that what @gingermunkie says and you can understand why folk keep mentioning him. I am at peace with the fact that the sexy Fin will not play in a St. Johnstone shirt again so long as CD remains. Maybe if we get relegated and CD goes he could be tempted back for our Championship title charge 😑

Aye, the ship has sailed and we’ll never know if he’d be good enough at this level. However, it’s no surprise that the fans are calling for the return of a loaned out 23 yo player who has bagged 15 league goals already this season, won individual performance awards, and has a bit of flair about them.  Better to stick with the big donkey Bair and apparent goal virgin Rudden IMO.

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

apparent goal virgin Rudden IMO.

Manager this morning praising him as a "young Chris Kane", as if thats a positive when we're wanting goals.

It also doesnt help us to have a raw player who needs developed when A) hes only on loan for 16 games and B) we actually have Chris Kane whos been developed