Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Is it not more likely Dundee would be happy with this as need the cash?

For me, Rudden is a bit of a meh signing, but, if he chips in with some goals or brings something out in others (like Clark with May), then might not be too bad.

Certainly an upgrade on White given age and potential to develop etc. 

We need the cash to bring in better players, yes.

Bowyer is wanting to completely gut our squad.

57 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Probably because Rudden is another of biscuits boys 

I used to be quite fond of Preston after his time with us and how he regularly talked up the club.

Not any fucking more though.

The only way this is in any way possibly a good move is if the deal is peanuts and it allows Bair to go out on loan and actually play. Funny though after yet another article praising Bair by the manager, he's not potentially 4th choice.

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Did you smell shite when he claimed that?

Was he on one of those "business trips" with Brown and Roddy?

Oh aye. Knew he was blowing smoke up my arse and I didn’t (and still don’t) really understand why. He could’ve just said they were still looking to make signings and I wouldn’t have questioned it and he wouldn’t be lying to me! 

2 hours ago, Widge said:

The only way this is in any way possibly a good move is if the deal is peanuts and it allows Bair to go out on loan and actually play. Funny though after yet another article praising Bair by the manager, he's not potentially 4th choice.

And id be amazed if May/Kane dont extend their contracts and any new signing is an 18 month deal.

So we're committed to those 5 strikers with no wiggle room for next season already. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently the 6-3 friendly defeat to ICT is the main reason why we've havent played a back four this season. 

The game where the squad got delayed on a bus for 1hr and barely had the chance to warm up and, if hes right about playing a back 4 that day, had a midfield of Gilmour, Ballantyne, MacPherson, Crawford and Max.

Back to talking about how "flexible" things are, similar to how this Summer (after said ICT game) he was talking about switching between shapes and how the back four is "now an option". "Personnel" will be swapped about tomorrow.

I read this in the paper today and thought I had entered an alternate dimension after reading this thread since the summer. Bizarre stuff.