Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Hadn’t even thought about that, doubt the club had either 

They've not thought properly about this at alll, let's face it. 

They got an increase in season tickets thanks to the FCU mainly. They continue to make utterly stupid decisions without putting real thought into it. No long term thinking whatsoever

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

13 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

The club that did this has proven to have more spine.

download (5).jpg

Unfortunately the story regarding this has been shared many, many times.

It was an act of cheek and opportunism by our temporary tenants which was rectified by our board very quickly and shown not to be part of the T&Cs of the lease. The sign was gone by that afternoon. 

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Hadn’t even thought about that, doubt the club had either 

I think the club probably have and don't care. They'll just say to the FCU to repaint it again. I'm really struggling to see any logic in this decision, financially or otherwise. We'd get c7k under the old arrangements and with this, what 8k max. So an extra 1k fans at £30 a head and when the 50% cut to Rangers, about 15k. Will be more than offset by fans not bothering with other games.

Even if saints cared about the reaction, (suspect they dont), given it is out there, they will be unable to reverse this decision.

Maybe it is a ploy to get the East seats replaced as half of them are ready for the skip, so a strong fart by a Rangers fan would break them and they'd have to pay for them. 🤣😏🤪

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Email sent to Ian Flaherty. I don’t want to do it, but I feel I have to voice my thoughts on this. Not expecting a response on the matter.

Out of interest, what’d you say? Considering it myself

Edited by PSJ.84

10 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

If you can’t sell your tickets to your fans then it’s only right that tickets go to Rangers fans. While Scottish clubs are struggling for money, no one that wants a ticket should be locked out a stadium if they are available.

Unless your a gloryhunting c**t.

8 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

If you can’t sell your tickets to your fans then it’s only right that tickets go to Rangers fans. While Scottish clubs are struggling for money, no one that wants a ticket should be locked out a stadium if they are available.

We changed this season back to a "one stand for bigots" rule and attendance in one of the games was marginally down and in the other marginally up. The argument that it ensures bigger attendances is fundamentally flawed.

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

£30 a ticket during one of the worst cost of living crises since the Second World War 

Smart thinking 

Old Firm fans should probably try boycotting a game at some point, tbh.

Its abysmal that clubs think its acceptable to charge that much, but as long as Rangers/Celtic fans just mindlessly pay it and sell out clubs will continue to do it.