Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Ahhhh, back to giving out three stands. Great. 

Saints in December - LOOK AT OUR RECORD TURNOVER AND OVER £5m IN THE BANK 

Saints in December - Lets shaft our fans for money

8 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Consulted fan groups but keeping it a secret from everyone else as to why they are moving the majority of the home fans. Definitely won't be going now. Just asking for them to pump us as we treat it like an away game.

Saints have used that line so many times. The only fans they consulted were the usual yes sir thanks for my free tickets sir brigade. 

Just now, jamamafegan said:

What fan groups are being consulted here?! Even the banter page lot are up in arms. I struggle to believe that any genuine fan group would have thought this was a great idea. Boycott this game.

Certainly be very surprised if the FCU Lot agreed with it. 

can see little to no interest from our fans for this. When you see St Mirren making the decision to reduce their allocation it makes us look all the more pathetic. 

Protest at the old slip road anyone?

24 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

What fan groups are being consulted here?! Even the banter page lot are up in arms. I struggle to believe that any genuine fan group would have thought this was a great idea. Boycott this game.

Mythical ones. 

The line about consulting fans is ridiculous in itself. Why are only a selection of fans being given an explanation? 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Our football club has become addicted to making awful, lazy decisions. They’re making themselves very difficult to love right now. 

i won’t be going to this game.

If anyone happens to be one of the lucky few supporters who were actually consulted on this and provided with an explanation, it would be appreciated if you could share this with the rest of us.  Giving up home advantage, when all the other odds are already against us, and at the very least agreeing to charge £30 for the privilege is a disgraceful decision. Given we’ve just heard how healthy the finances are, they’ve not even got that excuse to fall back on. All whilst compromising the only chance we’ve got left of a trophy this season. 

Jeanfield Swifts are looking like a better option all the time.  

Edited by Kyle

Saints can just go and f**k themselves. Aside from the £30 or even giving the 3 stands for league games, a cup is our only hope of anything and has been proven possible. To hand over 3 sides and f**k over your own fans, whilst handing over 50% of the gate money is a horrific decision. Imagine being a Saints player and running out to 3 full sides of away fans and an empty home end as fans will rightfully give this a total miss. Thought we had moved on as a club from this kind of thinking, but clearly not. 

25 minutes ago, Radford said:

I think you could count on one hand the number of home matches I have missed in the past 20 years.

If there is a concerted effort to boycott this game though, I will join it.

A message needs sent.

I think you're going to find that there is going to be one. 

I don't know anyone yet who has said they're willing to go. 

It's like they thought the criticism wouldn't be too much?!

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It's like they thought the criticism wouldn't be too much?!

They dont care because whats going to happen?

Theyll earn plenty off the away fans and then the home fans will just return for the next league game with the FCU the only ones who actually protest about it (while also still attending).

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They dont care because whats going to happen?

Theyll earn plenty off the away fans and then the home fans will just return for the next league game with the FCU the only ones who actually protest about it (while also still attending).

Agree with this. Saints will have already anticipated a low home support so a boycott of this game won't make much difference.

A boycott of the Dundee United game however...

Or if the FCU fancy a trip to Sports Direct ahead of that game. Two words: tennis balls.

Edited by jamamafegan