Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

Anybody else had/having issues buying tickets for Hibs game.

How long have you had issues?

At the moment Hibs have only made the bottom 3 sections available to Saints fans online and they're sold out. 

They'll probably open top tier though but someone's probably going to need to tell Saints to tell Hibs to sort it. As I have every confidence there won't be any automated alerting etc. 

29 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

How long have you had issues?

At the moment Hibs have only made the bottom 3 sections available to Saints fans online and they're sold out. 

They'll probably open top tier though but someone's probably going to need to tell Saints to tell Hibs to sort it. As I have every confidence there won't be any automated alerting etc. 

I have been having issues since the second section opened up. I have phoned and emailed them multiple times with no answer.

First I was unable to complete the transaction after I receive the text passcode for payment. Then basket timer jumps from 30 minutes to 2 minutes before I have received text passcode so don’t get enough time to finish transaction which has led to maximum card authorisation attempts reached. Now I am unable to sign in to my account.

Not the first time having problems with them also the final game last season I couldn’t buy away end tickets as account was locked into home end tickets only, but they did respond to emails then and changed the account.

1 hour ago, derektaylor84 said:

I have been having issues since the second section opened up. I have phoned and emailed them multiple times with no answer.

First I was unable to complete the transaction after I receive the text passcode for payment. Then basket timer jumps from 30 minutes to 2 minutes before I have received text passcode so don’t get enough time to finish transaction which has led to maximum card authorisation attempts reached. Now I am unable to sign in to my account.

Not the first time having problems with them also the final game last season I couldn’t buy away end tickets as account was locked into home end tickets only, but they did respond to emails then and changed the account.

I presume it was tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk you're emailing and being ignored? 

It's very unlikely it'll allow you to create any new account unless it's a new email address also. Might also cause issues with the weird link up it tries to do with ticketmaster if I remember correctly?!

I'm cynical but wonder if whoever is picking up those emails doesn't have a clue what to do so is just ignoring them. It stinks of business tries to do IT stuff cheap and not really appropriately planning, understanding how it works, whether it's fit for purpose, what ongoing support to the system is required etc as the Hibs system is probably the worst I've seen. 

I see Saints are continuing to tweet that tickets are available for the game as well. Wonder how long it'll take for them to realise there isn't any on sale. 

19 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I presume it was tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk you're emailing and being ignored? 

It's very unlikely it'll allow you to create any new account unless it's a new email address also. Might also cause issues with the weird link up it tries to do with ticketmaster if I remember correctly?!

I'm cynical but wonder if whoever is picking up those emails doesn't have a clue what to do so is just ignoring them. It stinks of business tries to do IT stuff cheap and not really appropriately planning, understanding how it works, whether it's fit for purpose, what ongoing support to the system is required etc as the Hibs system is probably the worst I've seen. 

I see Saints are continuing to tweet that tickets are available for the game as well. Wonder how long it'll take for them to realise there isn't any on sale. 

Yes i used that email address. Just messaged Bev and she said they are waiting to here back from Hibs about more seats being released.

I think Hibs got rid of a lot of long serving staff over the summer. 

I might have to try create another account now if more tickets are available.

17 minutes ago, True Saintee said:

Anyone else still needing to buy tickets for Friday evening? 😬

Wonder if we're getting anymore. Last time they were on the ball in making sections open etc whereas this time it's just remained without any on sale... 

Surely they'd give the top sections though. Update from Saints would be nice for those waiting to know what's happening.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

They're keen to try and sell them to their own fans. 

Makes sense.

Fine by me, i say we limit their away allocation for the next game at Mcdiarmid to the corner of the main and sell behind both goals to the 50 or so from our fanbase that would prefer those seats to the east or main.

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Some wild takes on social media regarding the upper sections for Friday’s game 🤣

Seen a few raging about it. Mainly because they didn't get a ticket. 

I can see why folk may question what will be chucked over the top tier but it's definitely not outrageous that we've not just been given tickets. That's very Old Firm fan like just expecting tickets in someone else's ground.

9 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Seen a few raging about it. Mainly because they didn't get a ticket. 

I can see why folk may question what will be chucked over the top tier but it's definitely not outrageous that we've not just been given tickets. That's very Old Firm fan like just expecting tickets in someone else's ground.

Pretty much the way I see it - Hibs looking after their own. God forbid, if we ever found ourselves in a similar situation, I’d hope Saints would do the same

During the Millwall game on TV last night they had a graphic showing that since they've switched to a back 4 from a 5, they've created more chances, scored more goals, and got more points. 

Now that Gary Rowett's done it, when will Callum fall into line?