Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 21/09/2022 at 12:59, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

See those houses next to the Glover Arms - think they might be Barratt? How shite do they look all absolutely crammed in next to each other. 

Don't really understand why folk buy them tbh. You could get a nice wee cottage in the country for the price of these.

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Don't really understand why folk buy them tbh. You could get a nice wee cottage in the country for the price of these.

Those people probably don't want to live in the Country. 

They are very close together though. Up the back they're semi detached but only a garden gate entry width apart 🫤

A quick count of our squad and 10 members have full international caps, with a decent number more having under 21 caps. Must be the highest number for quite some time (if not ever).

3 hours ago, Widge said:

A quick count of our squad and 10 members have full international caps, with a decent number more having under 21 caps. Must be the highest number for quite some time (if not ever).

Completely forgot about the last one, took a while to get it. List here;

Spoiler

Wotherspoon, Bair (Canada)

May, Murphy, Considine, Davidson (Scotland)

Hallberg (Sweden)

McGowan (Australia)

Phillips (Trinidad)

Brown (Malta)

U21’s

Maclennan, Sinclair, O’Halloran, Booth, Montgomery  (Scotland)

Carey (Ireland)

U20’s 

Parish (England)

U19’s

Gilmour, Gallacher (Scotland)

U17’s 

Ballantyne (Scotland)

Max (Ukraine)

Think there will be more at younger age groups that I’ve missed.

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Completely forgot about the last one, took a while to get it. List here;

Reveal hidden contents

Wotherspoon, Bair (Canada)

May, Murphy, Considine, Davidson (Scotland)

Hallberg (Sweden)

McGowan (Australia)

Phillips (Trinidad)

Brown (Malta)

The last one having played in the game on Tuesday where Guy Melamed made his Israel debut interestingly enough. 

I actually quite like Eric Nicholsons stuff and think the couriers coverage of saints is generally really good, but that “Saints couldn’t sign Middleton in the summer” story in the courier is the worst. There’s literally nothing in the article that isn’t in the headline.

2 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

I actually quite like Eric Nicholsons stuff and think the couriers coverage of saints is generally really good, but that “Saints couldn’t sign Middleton in the summer” story in the courier is the worst. There’s literally nothing in the article that isn’t in the headline.

Did think it was a bit bare and probably could’ve gone in the other Middleton article put out today, albeit that wasn’t written by EN. Is what is it, I guess 

9 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Talk to me, as bad as we expect or is there potential?

E09109AF-266F-4888-BCCD-835E90EB4BFF.jpeg

8C64EE47-71D4-4E5E-8FE5-4FFAFCAACAD8.jpeg

Someone’s told me that Moreland has something about him and could step up. I’ve not seen much myself. 

Dailly is a bit unknown. Came on trial and has been talked up quite a bit but I couldn’t say much else at this moment.

Be interesting to see what Davidson does today. McLennan doing well in close door games and adds something we don't have with Kane out. Bair scoring too. Think he'll stick with with May and Clark though and they probably deserve that chance.

Midfield is more a conundrum. McGowan has done okay but moving him away from the back three limits us playing out. Not convinced about Murphy at the head of the three and assume neither Carey or Wotherspoon are ready. Be tempted to bring in Phillips if fit and push Hallberg further forward. 

Questions at LWB is Gallacher is fit too. Nice to be talking about best options rather than "least worst" again. Horrendous feeling that Davidson will go back to 5-2-3 today though.

Missing a saints game in Dundee for the first time in years. I dont usually moan too much about prices but 60 quid for an adult and two kids is absolutely outrageous. Add in no trains and it's 90 quid+ simply to get to the game and watch it.