Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Where were we when Ayr signed that No 9 he looks big strong and can shoot.

Putting aside the fantastic second goal, I was watching him and just thinking how much we miss a striker that occupies defences in the way Kane does. Akinyemi didn't give them a minute to breathe. Ball stuck nearly every time.

Get in to channels, hold it up, compete. Not going to get a 20 goal striker but need someone to at least worry the opposition. Centre halves must love playing against us at the minute.

5 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Cruciate ligament injuries for Steven Anderson. Very unfortunate at that stage of a career. Best wishes to him. 

Was that not the same injury he had at Forfar? Shame that’s potentially him done.

First few games negotiated and the signs aren't good. 

A decent fighting win against Motherwell but other than that we're gifting too many chances and the imbalances in the middle haven't been addressed. The same as the issues up front.  What will happen in the last few days of the transfer window? 

Next up a bang inform St Mirren.

What is there to suggest that anything will be different next week? Why let the transfer window close and presumably let this manager sign more players before it does? What is going to improve? We’re way beyond that point now.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

What is there to suggest that anything will be different next week? Why let the transfer window close and presumably let this manager sign more players before it does? What is going to improve? We’re way beyond that point now.

Folk still clinging to positives merely because we somehow scored twice is wild. Well second best - and at times a complete mess - against a grossly weakened hearts side. 

Are we really to applaud because Callum realised playing an actual left wing back at left wing back 45 minutes into the game?

35 minutes ago, Center half said:

Maclean was seemingly missing today? any viewings at the game?

I don’t actually remember seeing him on the stream I was watching. Craig, Cleland & Maybury I all spotted. In fact, Craig seemed to be assistant.

Craig took the bits of the warm up that MacLean usually takes, if there’s anything in that. 

We were better today, but the bar is incredibly low and being better means f**k all if you end up with nothing. Something has to change, and fast. 

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Craig took the bits of the warm up that MacLean usually takes, if there’s anything in that. 

We were better today, but the bar is incredibly low and being better means f**k all if you end up with nothing. Something has to change, and fast. 

My guess is covid related.

I'm really not sure what I make of today. Was it brilliant? Absolutely not. Would I say it was a good performance? Still absolutely not. 

Was it absolutely terrible though? I wouldn't call it that. 

Hearts had most of the possession and plenty shots. A lot of them were rubbish from range. Saints played basically zero football until the ball made it into the Hearts half. Miles better side without Phillips in midfield. McGowan looked much better. Which I think says it all. 

Unfortunately Liam Gordon cost Saints today. Stupid tackle alongside also nearly cost us the goal with his terrible backpass. 

Again the issue for me was mindset and belief. That lets us down. We play with so much fear it's stifling us.

The daft trying to run down the clock at 2-2 just doesn't make sense to me. I know they don't need to go about the business in a rushed manner but there was 20+ mins to play. Let's get on with it. Let's be positive!

The one moment that sums up a Calum Davidson team was today. Murphy had the ball in the wide right area today in front of the Saints fans at 2-2. Great opportunity for Drey Wright to overlap and get a ball into the box, potentially even be able to drive into the box. Instead, Drey stood 20 yards behind him and just watched him and allowed the opportunity to go by. Convinced that's because of the instruction "be sensible, don't commit to much". 

On a side note. A big commanding back 3 but completely unable to defend corners. That's 3 goals already this season from corners. It has to be better!!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

A chance missed by the club to bin him after the League Cup shitshow. Now we have to stumble on with Davidsonball and hope the club see sense before January.

St Mirren and Killie will pump us...United? Who knows. Might get a draw.