Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Fair play to him. Very decent thing to do 

This may be true but it's his job to at least find out why there is apathy in the support. Certainly sounds more approachable than bulletproof, although "haw Broon ya wee c**t, sort this fucking shambles out" may not have been the best approach to take.

15 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

So, how does the internal conversations go on the back of folk contacting the club?

Does Flemming have calls with Steve Brown regularly and will be flagging up that fans are venting to him? If so, Brown's reaction will be a mix of 'tell them to F off, CD is the man' OR 'We need to discuss how long this can go on for'.

I'd edge towards the former and while I get folk e-mailing the club with concerns, surely the point to vocalise this is at the games and frankly, unless you were in the stands, you wouldn't really get a sense of the fans feelings.

If/when CD starts taking more about understanding fans frustration over lack of goals, style of play and team performance, then you know a conversation has been had. But, nothing I hear from him makes me think he feels in any danger.

This may be a test of how much control of the club Steve Brown has given up. He may be of the mindset that any change of manager is no longer his call to make. Someone will remember better than me, but did we not change manager when Geoff Brown was ill and it was a bit drawn out? 

He said to me he’d bring up my email at the next board meeting (which could be an interesting conversation :lol:) and he’d also be expressing his view too  would stress he didn’t tell me what his view is, so there’s every chance he’d make a defence of Davidson , could agree with views expressed in this thread or he may land somewhere in the middle.

Although I want a (sensible) change of manager I also absolutely want it to be the case that emails from a handful of supporters is only one factor in a decision, it obviously can't be the be all and end all. 

There's been some excellent emails posted here but they're obviously the exceptions and football fans are by and large idiots. I've seen some emails... on twitter... that I would delete instantly on receipt at a Sunday league club, never mind a club like ours. 

11 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I think that considering they've actually, personally, responded to these emails that the conversation will have to be had in the boardroom. 

I’m going to assume the conversation has been had multiple times since Kelty….

Just back from my monthly visit to Sheffield and interestingly one of the local rags was doing a piece on free agents not signed but that been released from league one teams and still looking for a club! was working out which 3 goals in 40 match's   30+ we would be signing!

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Does Flemming have calls with Steve Brown regularly and will be flagging up that fans are venting to him? If so, Brown's reaction will be a mix of 'tell them to F off, CD is the man' OR 'We need to discuss how long this can go on for'.

I have the overwhelming sense that Steve Brown’s response would be something akin to “take your email address off the website”

Remember that Simpsons scene when Homer and Bart are chasing the pig screaming it’s still good, it’s still good? 

that’s what it feels like we’re at just now.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

IMG_20220825_080946.thumb.jpg.d4bfe89a7be6ce80c65ddfd85df2dc56.jpg

This is what has been annoying me. He can thank his lucky stars the club continue to back him even though he’s got an absolutely massive, unbalanced and in my opinion, rubbish squad. Hes been a couple of signings away from a completed squad since about 7 signings ago.