Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Neither are the Rotherham fans by the looks of it. He's not played a single league minute.

“The grass isn’t always greener……”

42 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

I googled cos I was interest and Shaun Rooney has 45% of available league mins for Fleetwood plus the league Cup game.

86% for Kerr and 22% for McCann

I think Rooney was injured at the start of the season.

Regarding McCann for those interested, go read the replies to their weekend lineup announcement! There's hundreds of "McCann dropped??!!!!!" Rage replies so sounds like he's been performing alright. Manager just doesn't fancy him.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

39 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think Rooney was injured at the start of the season.

Regarding McCann for those interested, go read the replies to their weekend lineup announcement! There's hundreds of "McCann dropped??!!!!!" Rage replies so sounds like he's been performing alright. Manager just doesn't fancy him.

Replies to their lineup tweets since Lowe took charge have consisted of a lot of McCann anger. Find his treatment of a 22-year-old baffling  

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Replies to their lineup tweets since Lowe took charge have consisted of a lot of McCann anger. Find his treatment of a 22-year-old baffling  

New manager coming in and wanting to find his own mark. 

I do find it bemusing though Preston panicking over newspapers linking one of their best players with a move considering they spent all summer trying that last year.

I'd expect the club to be very bust over the next couple of weeks. 2/3 out still and probably the same coming in. I'm not convinced MOH has a future if we sign a winger/wingback/midfielder who is maybe 2/3 years younger than him and can probably offer more in an offensive sense.

What we need to be bringing in now is players with proven quality, but don't expect wildcards that haven't played in Scotland already.

Off the pitch, presumably there will have to be some infrastructure changes in the next few months to support VAR? Do we not need a video screen and extra camera points? 

25 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I'd expect the club to be very bust over the next couple of weeks. 2/3 out still and probably the same coming in. I'm not convinced MOH has a future if we sign a winger/wingback/midfielder who is maybe 2/3 years younger than him and can probably offer more in an offensive sense.

What we need to be bringing in now is players with proven quality, but don't expect wildcards that haven't played in Scotland already.

Off the pitch, presumably there will have to be some infrastructure changes in the next few months to support VAR? Do we not need a video screen and extra camera points? 

For VAR think it's using the standard tv cameras as they're only bothering with 6 cameras for non tv games (12 for tv games, so probably sky's setup) I hope they don't waste money on a new screen. Partly pointless at McDiarmid anyway as no matter where you put it a portion of the crowd can't see it. Surely a signals from the ref followed by tannoy announcement would suffice.

They'll need a ref viewing point for pretendy going to watch it having already decided they're changing the decision. 

33 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

For VAR think it's using the standard tv cameras as they're only bothering with 6 cameras for non tv games (12 for tv games, so probably sky's setup) I hope they don't waste money on a new screen. Partly pointless at McDiarmid anyway as no matter where you put it a portion of the crowd can't see it. Surely a signals from the ref followed by tannoy announcement would suffice.

They'll need a ref viewing point for pretendy going to watch it having already decided they're changing the decision. 

Yeah, but they need a way to communicate with the fans that a VAR check is in progress. Doubt our current scoreboard is capable. 

38 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Yeah, but they need a way to communicate with the fans that a VAR check is in progress. Doubt our current scoreboard is capable. 

I can't see it being anymore than the ref signalling and tannoy announcement. This is low budget cheapo VAR. It's not on any of the scale of the tv leagues. I wouldn't be expecting competence.

That was the impression given on Sportsound by Ian Maxwell as well. 

7 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I can't see it being anymore than the ref signalling and tannoy announcement. This is low budget cheapo VAR. It's not on any of the scale of the tv leagues. I wouldn't be expecting competence.

That’s what I took from that interview as well. It didn’t actually sound as though clubs will be spending too much money on VAR - could be totally wrong though 

8 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The way Daryl Broadfoot was talking a few weeks ago all the premiership clubs need a compatible LED screen of some sort. I didn't hear what Maxwell said though.

10 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

I'd expect the club to be very bust over the next couple of weeks.

Jesus, its not that bad is it?

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

I’m expecting MOH to be shipped out and another striker in this week. 

also, will laugh like hell if Clark ends up crawling back ala Homer Simpson. 

I feel sorry for Zander. No idea what goes on in the background but can only assume he’s been shafted by his agent. 

That lucrative 3 year contract plus likely testimonial with Saints must seem like such a good offer now. 

will be spewing if he ends up at Livi though (imagine he would be  too) 😂

Edited by John Bonham

1 hour ago, John Bonham said:

I feel sorry for Zander. No idea what goes on in the background but can only assume he’s been shafted by his agent. 

That lucrative 3 year contract plus likely testimonial with Saints must seem like such a good offer now. 

will be spewing if he ends up at Livi though (imagine he would be  too) 😂

The deal somewhere like that will surely be getting closer and closer you'd imagine.

Don't know his financial position of course but mortgages need paid etc 🫤