Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 hours ago, Kyle said:

I like the Phillips signing, clearly needs to work on his discipline but he’s got decent experience at a good level and is a player we can improve. 

These are my thoughts and sentiments too. He's still only 22 and is exactly the sort of player we should have been signing all transfer window. Fair enough Murphy has contributed and Carey looks like he has moments of real class about him, but young guys hungry to prove themselves should be our aim. 

I suspect he'll end up with more cards than Liam Craig did last season, but for a while we've been a soft touch and not had anyone to effectively put themselves about in midfield since McCann left, so it's a welcome addition. Especially if it frees Hallberg up to push further forward as he's being wasted deeper.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Still concerned we're heading for some serious trouble this season,(occasional rabona aside), but at least this is a promising signing.

I agree; however there's signs albeit small ones that this squad might be a bit of a different animal to last seasons. There's still fight and application that wasn't seen last season and for all we can moan about not having a striker, our attacking players are already contributing more than they did last year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy, far from it. The football is still negative and boring for the most part and I don't want Davidson as our manager long term, but there's a little more optimism than last season. 

Heads didn’t go down on Saturday after conceding. That was our biggest issue the previous season (fairly sure we only came from behind once to win). We’d have accepted a point and not tried to get the ball back in the box for one last attempt which Macpherson did. I’m hoping there’s a change in mentality from the players now and it’s a platform to build on. 

just need that striker now.

Davidson, who has already overseen a significant summer rebuild in Perth, anticipates further transfer activity before the window closes.

“There are always moving parts,” he said. “There are still areas on the pitch we need to look at. Over the next two or three games, players can make decisions for me in terms of ‘no, you don’t need new players in this position’ or otherwise.

this is in the context of us having signed Phillips. We’re going to have enough to field 3 starting 11s by the time he’s finished :lol: 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Davidson, who has already overseen a significant summer rebuild in Perth, anticipates further transfer activity before the window closes.

“There are always moving parts,” he said. “There are still areas on the pitch we need to look at. Over the next two or three games, players can make decisions for me in terms of ‘no, you don’t need new players in this position’ or otherwise.

this is in the context of us having signed Phillips. We’re going to have enough to field 3 starting 11s by the time he’s finished :lol: 

It's some shift from when Tommy and Bulletproof were at each others throats about squad size.

59 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It's some shift from when Tommy and Bulletproof were at each others throats about squad size.

It certainly is. Would be interesting to see the wage bill now, vs back then. Obvious offset is that revenues will be way up and we have the player sale proceeds. 

20 hours ago, Radford said:

Fraserburgh made 8 changes from the weekend. Think it says it all about the tournament when a team from outwith the SPFL are doing that. 

Saints were fairly comfortable after the first 10-15 minutes.

What tournament is it? The Tunnocks Challenge Cup or whatever it is now?

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

It certainly is. Would be interesting to see the wage bill now, vs back then. Obvious offset is that revenues will be way up and we have the player sale proceeds. 

Why will revenues be way up compared to Tommy's tenure? Genuine question.

Goalkeepers

Remi Matthews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024 - on loan at Montrose 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Liam Gordon - 2024

John Mahon -2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Adam Montgomery - January 2023 - on loan from Celtic 

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

William Sandford - 2023 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at East Fife 

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 

Graham Carey - 2024

Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 - on loan at Linfield 

Theo Bair - 2024

Taylor Steven - 2023 (?)

10 hours ago, Kyle said:

Goalkeepers

Remi Matthews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024 - on loan at Montrose 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Liam Gordon - 2024

John Mahon -2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Adam Montgomery - January 2023 - on loan from Celtic 

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

William Sandford - 2023 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at East Fife 

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 

Graham Carey - 2024

Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 - on loan at Linfield 

Theo Bair - 2024

Taylor Steven - 2023 (?)

I’m sure Eetu’s contract also includes a +1, might be wrong though

Edited by double deluxe

Rangers fans on Twitter (most of who never attend games) are showing that they are indeed one of thee most stupid breed of human on the plant. 

I've seen idiots with thousands of followers claim it's a "political stunt". "It's ego related" etc. 

The FCU are making political statements? Aw for f**k sake 😂😂😂

It's like they're happy to continue to pay over the odds. As long as they don't need to say a bad thing about their beloved Rangers. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Rangers fans on Twitter (most of who never attend games) are showing that they are indeed one of thee most stupid breed of human on the plant. 

I've seen idiots with thousands of followers claim it's a "political stunt". "It's ego related" etc. 

The FCU are making political statements? Aw for f**k sake 😂😂😂

It's like they're happy to continue to pay over the odds. As long as they don't need to say a bad thing about their beloved Rangers. 

Tribal and insular the words that spring to mind

On 10/08/2022 at 20:02, shibbydoo said:

Why will revenues be way up compared to Tommy's tenure? Genuine question.

We are into a new TV deal that gives a fair bit extra revenue, plus better league sponsor revenues, solidarity payments from Europe and having generally larger away support with Hibs, Hearts, Rantic, and Utd all being in league.