Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

I'm sure it'll be an amazing cartoon. 

Tragically very out of date however.

I wonder how much apologist writing he can translate into a drawing. Couldn’t be less interested though. Patronising in the extreme.

5 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

I take it we aren't using Curtis Sport for programmes anymore since not available online?

Was always good as they sell out all the time & can get one there.

They only have the last 2 seasons programmes to buy on the Curtis sport website where as Aberdeen, Celtic etc pages have 2022/23 subscriptions available.  I asked Saints about subscription on twitter last week but no reply.

Not sure who makes/ supplies them this season.

Heard the reasoning behind Cleary leaving tonight. 

Cleary is just doing what's right for his young family and the club haven't been stitched up or anything like that. Cleary wasn't aware of the issue until recently.

For those who think the club should have looked for a fee. They possibly could have done but for the nominal fee they'd end up getting for me, it was the right thing to do. The loan move that was mentioned probably isn't a goer as the issue isn't just going to go away. 

It fits well with the "family club" and if Cleary is ever asked by another player in Ireland about a potential move to Saints, it'll paint the club in a good light. 

The club have put the player and family first and ahead of financial gain. In the modern era of football that's not often the case anymore! 

edit: the good news: No one is dying or has cancer or anything like that.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

That St Johnstone squad list read like something you'd see in a football manager game gone badly wrong, it's got everything, old stalwart of the Scottish game in Considine, an enigmatic returning former player in Drey Wright, a foreign maverick in McGowan and even a regen of former club legend Alex Ferguson

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Ffs wish you had just left now.

What did I miss? Seems to have been deleted posts after I got the notification of being quoted.

Thought Considine and Mitchell were the big positives today. Not going to dwell on the negatives as I think the only people who can’t see them are the manager, his weird happy clappers and possibly the board. 

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thought Considine and Mitchell were the big positives today. Not going to dwell on the negatives as I think the only people who can’t see them are the manager, his weird happy clappers and possibly the board. 

I had massive fear Considine would have been ripped apart by their attackers but he had an answer for most things. 

Can’t dwell on it, early doors this season just need to hope we do better at Motherwell.

We all know it but if we don't get a striker and a midfielder then we're relegated. 

We might be relegated anyway with that but at least there will be a bit of fight.

May, Bair and Kane won't score enough to keep us up.

13 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

We all know it but if we don't get a striker and a midfielder then we're relegated. 

We might be relegated anyway with that but at least there will be a bit of fight.

May, Bair and Kane won't score enough to keep us up.

We do,unfortunately CD doesnt.