Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

It seems that some Saints fans are now satisfied with our defensive/holding midfield situation after the signing of Sandford. Presumably they don't realise that he won't play a single minute for the first-team this season. We very much still need to sign a DM. Callum can't get away with this after only recruiting a youngster for the B team.

I'm not sure how anyone can have any idea whether or not he is the saviour. You';re correct though. He won't play. 

Playing like 8 mins in a pre-season friendly against Cove isn't enough to decide they're completely satisfied with a player. 

Some fans becoming completely polarised by the age of the signings. 32 = rubbish signing 20 = good signing. 

I know we can't necessarily strengthen every position in one window but for me the biggest alarm bell now is someone to score goals. May isn't magically going to score more than 5 league goals. He hasn't managed it in 7 years. it won't change now. Jury is out on Bair. Friendlies he looks fine but looks lost in proper competitive games.  

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

17 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

It seems that some Saints fans are now satisfied with our defensive/holding midfield situation after the signing of Sandford. 

Presumably because hes being described as a talented youngster signed from a Swedish top flight side, and not a 20yo with 0 senior games signed from a Swedish 4th tier side.

You can make your own mind up about Saints getting his previous club wrong. 

2 hours ago, shibbydoo said:

This better be bullshit.

Cleary away for getting sent off, Eetu away for a fall out.

The club is being run like a primary school playground.

Folk need to hold back on comments about players leaving until truth comes  out .I have heard though that he is going  back to Ireland because of family reasons and a loan Is being sorted for 6 months until things get better at home

I have no idea what family issues are but suggest it's not my business or anyone else when it Is definitely nothing to do with Football  whatsoever 

Presumably we've not just allowed a 26yo CB, with Europa League experience and 2yrs left on their deal, to walk away for nothing, so itll be interesting to see if we get a fee or if its just a loan.

Just now, Sconesaint said:

How much did we spend on Clearly? 

He was signed at the end of his Dundalk deal, im sure.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Presumably we've not just allowed a 26yo CB, with Europa League experience and 2yrs left on their deal, to walk away for nothing, so itll be interesting to see if we get a fee or if its just a loan.

I have heard that series family reasons  which I commented on about and should be respected %100 I heard a loan deal was offered but he doesn't want to play football while this is going on

personally need to draw a line under this because no one knows what issues are and sometimes football isn't important.

1 minute ago, THE FAT MAN said:

I have heard that series family reasons  which I commented on about and should be respected %100 I heard a loan deal was offered but he doesn't want to play football while this is going on

personally need to draw a line under this because no one knows what issues are and sometimes football isn't important.

Yeah, your version of events was different about 2 minutes ago, so ill pass on what youre saying.

Wouldnt stand in his way but nor should we just chuck away a 2yr deal and asset for nothing. 

We'll see what happens in the next few months. If he signs, and plays, somewhere else before January then its a crazy decision.

Obviously a tough situation whatever’s going on but we’ve effectively traded a first choice CB here for someone on loan from Millwall.

Mahon Gordon Considine

With Mitchell and McGowan as the other options. We’ve fallen very far from Kerr-Gordon-McCart, Gordon now our best CB having been the weak link of the 3 two seasons ago.

With LG still injured I guess we’re likely to be going with something like Mahon-Mitchell-Considine on Saturday, which doesn’t fill me with the slightest bit of confidence. Lot of pressure on big John to show that Elgin game was a one-off.

Presumably we’re letting him leave for nothing and not paying him a severance, so you’ve got to imagine he’s on a pretty decent wage. Hopefully that lets us spend it on another more useful player and his replacement is a cheap back up on loan. 

See we're still "2 or 3 signings" away from where Davidson wants the squad to be too, been saying that for months now.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Presumably we’re letting him leave for nothing and not paying him a severance, so you’ve got to imagine he’s on a pretty decent wage. Hopefully that lets us spend it on another more useful player and his replacement is a cheap back up on loan. 

McGowan will be his replacement.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, your version of events was different about 2 minutes ago, so ill pass on what youre saying.

Wouldnt stand in his way but nor should we just chuck away a 2yr deal and asset for nothing. 

We'll see what happens in the next few months. If he signs, and plays, somewhere else before January then its a crazy decision.

You could start a row in an empty barn.

It was slightly different  but not to the extent for you continue your narrative and pleading for reasons a player has been released for family reasons  and can't accept that sometimes football isn't important 

So what if he plays In January when and if his life Is different by then

5 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Obviously a tough situation whatever’s going on but we’ve effectively traded a first choice CB here for someone on loan from Millwall.

Mahon Gordon Considine

With Mitchell and McGowan as the other options. We’ve fallen very far from Kerr-Gordon-McCart, Gordon now our best CB having been the weak link of the 3 two seasons ago.

With LG still injured I guess we’re likely to be going with something like Mahon-Mitchell-Considine on Saturday, which doesn’t fill me with the slightest bit of confidence. Lot of pressure on big John to show that Elgin game was a one-off.

Nah, Mahon had his first below-par performance so we won't see him again. We can only trust Millwall youths and/or experienced pros who know the league. The back three will be McGowan-Mitchell-Considine on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

It was slightly different

You claimed he wanted a loan move about 2 minutes before claiming he doesnt want to play football anymore, all this ITK info coming just moments after the news breaks hes leaving and you never even hinting at it before. You seem like a complete slaver.

I wish him all the best but i still dont think we needed to release him from his deal to help him, and im still not convinced he wont sign for a club over there fairly quickly.

Edited by RandomGuy.