Jump to content

Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

You've got Cleary (assuming he stays), Mahon, Gordon, Considine, McGowan, Brown all capable of playing centreback

Now 7 CBs.

Remember when the manager claimed he was going to be more flexible with our shape this season and wasnt committing himself to playing a back 5?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Now 7 CBs.

Remember when the manager claimed he was going to be more flexible with our shape this season and wasnt committing himself to playing a back 5?

He will be flexible swapping between a back 5 and a back 10 when we go to ibrox or parkhead 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

I heard the other day that Cleary was away as well. 

He can't possibly just think he needs another centre back. 

How long is this lads deal at Millwall? Seemed to play consistently at Leyton Orient last season or season before….

 

season loan at this stage suggests a late change to plans and if Cleary was away, it would’ve been out by now I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

31 (if I’ve counted correctly) players in the squad now…

I’ll update the list when I don’t have tears in my eyes. 31 sounds about right though, and we’re still in desperate need of a striker and probably a midfielder. 
 

Absolutely grim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

How long is this lads deal at Millwall?

Transfermarkt say 2023, their official site just says hes signed a "long term deal" last Summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goalkeepers

Remi Mathews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2024 

 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Daniel Cleary - 2024 

Liam Gordon - 2024

John Mahon -2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Adam Montgomery - January 2023 - on loan from Celtic 

 

 

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

William Sandford - 2023 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 

Graham Carey - 2024

Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

 

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 - on loan at Linfield 

Theo Bair - 2024

Taylor Steven - 2023 (?)

 

We are so absolutely fucked. Call me negative all you like, but this squad (with a few notable exceptions) is rubbish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Transfermarkt say 2023, their official site just says hes signed a "long term deal" last Summer.

Aye just been on myself, I mean….at short term notice he looks better than Muller was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

 

Goalkeepers

Remi Mathews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2024 

 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Daniel Cleary - 2024 

Liam Gordon - 2024

John Mahon -2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Adam Montgomery - January 2023 - on loan from Celtic 

 

 

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

William Sandford - 2023 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 

Graham Carey - 2024

Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

 

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 - on loan at Linfield 

Theo Bair - 2024

Taylor Steven - 2023 (?)

 

We are so absolutely fucked. Call me negative all you like, but this squad (with a few notable exceptions) is rubbish. 

32, 16 with deals expiring this summer (33 and 17 if you add in Vertainen)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Aye just been on myself, I mean….at short term notice he looks better than Muller was.

A tremendously high bar to clear. :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mizfit said:

Aye just been on myself, I mean….at short term notice he looks better than Muller was.

Agree with that. 26 appearances at League 2 is much better than Muller and Dendoncker combined

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Aye just been on myself, I mean….at short term notice he looks better than Muller was.

Hes played games, so he cant be any worse than Muller/Dendoncker, i guess. 

We'll probably find Clearys red card and Mahons shocker v Elgin has "lost the managers trust" and McGowan/Mitchell are replacing them, seeing as Davidson seems to have free reign to just keep chucking money at the squad whenever he decides he doesnt rate one of his own signings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dont read Sunderland or Crystal Palace fans thoughts about Matthews, btw.

"Prone to basic errors"/"great laugh in the dressing room so good to have around" the consensus.

A young Elliot Parish.

Lets hope we get the Hamilton version, as even Bolton fans defending him from criticism are only calling him average.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Kyle said:

 

Goalkeepers

Remi Mathews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2024 

 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Daniel Cleary - 2024 

Liam Gordon - 2024

John Mahon -2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Adam Montgomery - January 2023 - on loan from Celtic 

 

 

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

William Sandford - 2023 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 

Graham Carey - 2024

Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

 

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 - on loan at Linfield 

Theo Bair - 2024

Taylor Steven - 2023 (?)

 

We are so absolutely fucked. Call me negative all you like, but this squad (with a few notable exceptions) is rubbish. 

⏏️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...