Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Templar Saint said:

Wonder how many of Davidson's signings have Alan Preston or the agency he works for as their agent.

That's not the worst of it. It's also the players that have been linked to (only really) us in the media, then sign for a rival. If he was merely pointing players in our direction, that would be one thing but I think there is evidence he's also using Saints to get his clients better deals elsewhere. 

Should say this was also happening under Tommy Wright to an extent. 

Following are Preston/Stellar: Robbie Deas, Zak Rudden, Drey Wright, Graham Carey, Mark O'Hara, Greg Kiltie, Greg Stewart, Craig Conway and of course... Callum Davidson. 

Probably others I've forgotten too. Think some of the loans last season were. 

Of course, it's maybe all one big coincidence... 

15 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Wonder how many of Davidson's signings have Alan Preston or the agency he works for as their agent.

Not even just the ones who have signed but plenty of players who we’ve been strongly linked with, Rudden and Deas are with the same agency

11 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

Well thats a bit pish.Has it been the same for all your home games in the cup

Yup.

Probably because they're not able to do it for League games they've dropped offering ppv completely. 

Although will be available overseas for SaintsTV subscribers I imagine. 

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Jesus, I'd forgotten about the pitch. 

Hopefully I'll manage to make my way down the car park without breaking my ankle to see if it's bedded in any more. 

Overheard the groundsMan outside the Muirton say it’s “fine for f**k sakes.” To someone chatting to him….

23 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Taking my 6 year old to McDiarmid for the first time. Probably be her last after we get beat and she asks me to never subject her to that again!

This is a real issue... Had my kids on the verge of wanting season tickets after Galatasary, only to take them to the Dundee Utd game where they were completely turned off and haven't been able to convince them to go back since LASK. It's pointless letting kids in free when the "entertainment" on offer is so poor.

I was actually quite looking forward to going today until I came on here. 😄

Putting tactics and the eye bleeding football to one side,  the recruitment has been the most depressing aspect of the last 6 months. Wright never really gets the credit he deserves for the last 12-24 months of his tenure when he replaced a successful spine with younger signings while remaining competitive. That laid down the roots (McCart, Rooney, Hendry, Kerr, Gordon, Clark, McCann and Kane all signed young or given debuts) for improvement. Davidsons first windows complimented that and allowed him to play his style/shape (Conway, Bryson and Melamed) but didn't have any forward looking signings. That was fine but focus the summer after the cup win should have been building on the squad quality there and planning for those who were bound to move on. Neither happened but bringing in a full time recruitment staff member at least pointed at some forward thinking. 

After that appointment failed , either because the signings weren't good enough or Davidson seems desperate to push anyone not signed be him under a bus at the first opportunity, things have descended in to a complete mess. There is mitigating circumstances around January but this summers "policy" has been at best short slighted and at worst disgracefully lazy. Similar to comments I made a few months ago, it's worrying to think of the money being hemorrhaged on these experienced signings. Add to that that only really Hallberg has worked out and its easy to be very nervous about the recent batch. 

Hendry, Clark, Rooney, and McCart left. No signs of a replacement for the first two after 4 competitive matches. Rooneys been replaced with Wright.  McCarts replacement is so good, we've already had to sign another centre half. And we've still not fixed the central midfield issue. Playing one of our worst ever keepers, Gilmour at right back, relying on an aging Muzz in midfield and down to one fit out and out striker available after signing nearly 30 players in the last 12 months. A disgrace.