Jump to content

Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What was it at Easter Road last game of the season. £28? £30?

 

Doesn't really matter what other clubs charge.  The truth is Scottish football isn't nearly of sufficient quality to be charging more than £20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bizarre thing to see a Saints side being fluid in attack and absolutely hopeless in defence.

Elgin had at least 4 decent openings, including a 1v1 chance. We'll get punished for that in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bizarre thing to see a Saints side being fluid in attack and absolutely hopeless in defence.
Elgin had at least 4 decent openings, including a 1v1 chance. We'll get punished for that in the league.

Said it after Cove it felt like we finally figured out the attack but defence was Lacking. Still don’t think that’s anywhere near our final starting defence and we’re almost definitely going to have goalkeeper sorted by Saturday, and possibly another few signings.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye thats a howler from Mahon, not a clue whats wrong with him tonight, been awful.

Proper fear now though, Muzz is off for Max when Elgin are building up steam for a comeback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, mizfit said:


Said it after Cove it felt like we finally figured out the attack but defence was Lacking. Still don’t think that’s anywhere near our final starting defence and we’re almost definitely going to have goalkeeper sorted by Saturday, and possibly another few signings.

You think? 
 

Defence was abysmal tonight, looked very slow and clumsy the whole night really. 
 

Montgomery looks good going forward though, a shame we only have him until January but he looks a decent player who’ll at least give the opposition something to think about. 
 

Really hope we add more pace to the team. MOH made a big difference first half. 

Edited by Kyle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another cracking example of how much we need a DM though.

Muzz is fine, but you could see moments where a player who could actually pass the ball could've caused some serious damage in, especially with Carey/Murphy floating about.

Obviously nothing to replace him directly with when he was taken off either.

CB becoming a worry now aswell, but presumably we're fully stocked now in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems like theres a genuine chance theres a club worse than us.

St Mirren seem to have been in complete meltdown since Robinson took charge.

If we're as bad as we look, you've got Davidson for another full season. Enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we're as bad as we look, you've got Davidson for another full season. Enjoy.

What’s happened? You seemed fairly competent last season.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Another cracking example of how much we need a DM though.

Muzz is fine, but you could see moments where a player who could actually pass the ball could've caused some serious damage in, especially with Carey/Murphy floating about.

Obviously nothing to replace him directly with when he was taken off either.

CB becoming a worry now aswell, but presumably we're fully stocked now in there.

You do fear Muzz will end up going down the same road as Kane and Dasovic and they’ll just push him too far. He’s showing signs he’s there already and there’s just nothing underneath him to cover for that eventuality. hopefully will improve with a few more weeks training and playing games. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The positive is that we scored 4 goals and that will give each of the scorers some confidence, but a real worry is how easy Elgin cut us open. In the league, this will really cost us.

MOH at RWB meant we had more forward movement, so if the end game is for Wright to play there, then that would give us good balance on both sides. Montgomery probably best Saints player.

Expecting a few extra signings in the next 72 hours, so a few of the issues will be getting rectified.

Edited by Theyellowbox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t say I’m a massive Davidson fan at present but the amount of basic errors from players surely can’t really be put on the manager. Miss placed passes under no pressure, an inability to control the ball and being caught in possession all happened far too often tonight.

Biggest thing that stood out for me with the almost silence on the pitch other than the occasional shout form Hallberg. Was weirdly quiet compared to the Elgin lot shouting the place down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Parish didn’t dive at that free kick and Mahon has finally done what he’s threatened to do all night and chucked one in. 

There no attempt at all for the freekick nor did he try and get back after Hester rounded him and ended up quite wide of the goal.He just basically give up.Absolutely dreadful keeper

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

The positive is that we scored 4 goals and that will give each of the scorers some confidence, but a real worry is how easy Elgin cut us open. In the league, this will really cost us.

MOH at RWB meant we had more forward movement, so if the end game is for Wright to play there, then that would give us good balance on both sides. Montgomery probably best Saints player.

Expecting a few extra signings in the next 72 hours, so a few of the issues will be getting rectified.

Is this ‘signings in the next 72 hours’ thing based on something? I’ve not seen anything about that at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...