Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Today was a disgrace. Total lack of urgency or fight from the players and coaching staff. Too many players just not turning up. Murphy looked decent, but pretty much everything around him failed. Not sure how CD didn't see it before we signed him, but Considine will get roasted for pace every week. Clearly still plenty to offer in terms of calmness and positioning etc, but he needs to play in the centre of the 3 and have pace beside him. I feel for Gilmour as he is being hung out to dry. Clearly very uncomfortable in the position he is being asked to play. Shades of Scott Brown, Aaron Comrie.

QOS were decent and stand alone, I'd say we've maybe been beaten on the day by the better team, but that's now QOS, Annan and to an extent Cove, who have matched or bettered us in long spells of games. That should be a wake up call,but it won't be. 

3 hours ago, nelsjfc said:
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Evens - Players let me down, i know who i can and cant trust now
3/1 - Im having to juggle things due to injuries and fitness issues you get early this season
4/1 - Penalties are a lottery, we win them we're on 4pts and looking good
10/1 - Eetu Vertainen 
10000/1 - I fucked up

Undoubtedly Gilmour will be the one hung out to dry. Not as bluntly as Vertainen but it will be obvious.

Gilmour was completely hung out to dry by Davidson the minute he decided to play him at wing back. A defensive midfielder with none of the skill set required to be an attacking wing back. Fucking idiotic. 

30 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

Gilmour was completely hung out to dry by Davidson the minute he decided to play him at wing back. A defensive midfielder with none of the skill set required to be an attacking wing back. Fucking idiotic. 

That's it they go on about players not being ready for first team action and that they need to go out on loan as their confidence might get dented if they aren't ready for thd first team.

WTF do you think it does to a young players confidence playing him totally out of position!

CDs way too critical of young players that don't tow his line and dare to express themselves.He is a dreadful manager and its time for him to go

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

By the looks of the St Mirren thread, theyre going to be looking to sign a new first choice keeper aswell now.

Be top hilarity if they sign Walker within a week while we've been bumbling along for months looking a keeper with Walker linked for weeks 

Jack Hamilton is still worryingly free too.

The guy McCrory from Rangers is being linked on loan.

Dunno anything about him and it's not at all ideal given Carson was the first position we had filled.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The guy McCrory from Rangers is being linked on loan.

Dunno anything about him and it's not at all ideal given Carson was the first position we had filled.

Was a bit meh any time I seen him at Livingston but did well the couple games he was called upon for Rangers last season 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

By the looks of the St Mirren thread, theyre going to be looking to sign a new first choice keeper aswell now.

Be top hilarity if they sign Walker within a week while we've been bumbling along for months looking a keeper with Walker linked for weeks 

Jack Hamilton is still worryingly free too.

Been told it’s a week on Monday for Walker to sign,maybe contract dependent 

13 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Been told it’s a week on Monday for Walker to sign,maybe contract dependent 

Is he worth waiting on to that degree?

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

No idea tbh,just got told that today,

Fair dues.

Ive no idea of his ability either tbh, but struggle to believe he was high up on a list of options headed into the window. 

I still think we need 2 full back/wing backs (if Gallacher is still not putting weight on his leg), a holding midfielder, and a striker, all of starting quality, aside from the keeper.

Crazy situation we're in.

Is Callum a young and learning manager? Yes
Has he shown signs of learning from his mistakes? No.

That is the issue I know have. It’s fine having a preferred idea and formation but if you can’t adapt or are unwilling you get caught out.

The answer by the way, is not Tommy Wright.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Is Callum a young and learning manager? Yes
Has he shown signs of learning from his mistakes? No.

That is the issue I know have. It’s fine having a preferred idea and formation but if you can’t adapt or are unwilling you get caught out.

The answer by the way, is not Tommy Wright.

Dick Campbell - one extreme to the other. 

Fair dues.

Ive no idea of his ability either tbh, but struggle to believe he was high up on a list of options headed into the window. 

I still think we need 2 full back/wing backs (if Gallacher is still not putting weight on his leg), a holding midfielder, and a striker, all of starting quality, aside from the keeper.

Crazy situation we're in.

It’s both crazy but also completely predictable. Other than the odd happy clapper, the only people that didn’t see this coming seem to be the board. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

It’s both crazy but also completely predictable. Other than the odd happy clapper, the only people that didn’t see this coming seem to be the board. 

True enough.

Theres a worrying amount if fans arguing his case because "we always start slow".

Id not be stunned if our half arsed board were thinking theyll give him until the World Cup break (mid-November) to see how his new squad gels.

Id not be stunned if our half arsed board were thinking theyll give him until the World Cup break (mid-November) to see how his new squad gels.

I’ve absolutely no doubt that’s what they’ll do. He’ll probably win the three games prior to that and they’ll think things are beginning to change