Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

I'm not convinced we'll replace the last two with anything better.

This is how far we have fallen. 

Callum Davidsons signings are so fucking lazy. Has he pulled any rabbits out of the hat? I can't think of one tbh.

Only one that comes close is his pal sending a promising youngster in Danny Mac up for some experience and even that could've went either way.

Awful recruitment, awful gameplans and awful interviews. 

Some boy.

16 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Has he pulled any rabbits out of the hat? I can't think of one tbh.

Melamed is probably the only other one that comes slightly close but even then…

Edited by PSJ.84

20 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Melamed is probably the only other one that comes slightly close but even then…

Wouldn’t be surprised if Melamed was signed by someone else. He was treated the same way both Vertainen and Bair were. Was ages before he got a decent chance and then was dropped pretty swiftly.

12 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Melamed was signed by someone else. He was treated the same way both Vertainen and Bair were. Was ages before he got a decent chance and then was dropped pretty swiftly.

With lockdown restrictions and Melamed having not played a game in the couple months prior, I’ve a slight bit more sympathy with the way he was introduced, but aye still wasn’t the best 

Manager now saying he’s hopeful of getting a couple more players in. Also says he’s speaking to 2/3 ‘keepers and hopes to get one over the line soon 🤣

Contradicting everything he said earlier in the week - what a shock!

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Manager now saying he’s hopeful of getting a couple more players in. Also says he’s speaking to 2/3 ‘keepers and hopes to get one over the line soon 🤣

Contradicting everything he said earlier in the week - what a shock!

Absolute shambles.

It was abundantly clear months ago that Zander was likely to leave. It was abundantly clear early last season that Parish wasn’t good enough to even be a backup. We should have had goalkeeping targets identified and in the door very early on. To start competitive games with Parish is more evidence of poor planning and foresight and if it goes on much longer we’ll end up playing league games with him as the number one which is a nonsense.

Genuinely don’t understand why you wouldn’t just give Sinclair some game time against the likes of Annan whilst we don’t have another keeper. He should be good enough to compete against a League Two outfit - if he isn’t he won’t ever be good enough for Saints. He’s 21 yo and first choice for Scotland U21. We know that Parish is shite and will never be good enough so why bother? 

Also is James Brown injured/unfit? Why are we converting Charlie Gilmour to wing back? It’s just so bizarre.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

25 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

It was abundantly clear months ago that Zander was likely to leave. It was abundantly clear early last season that Parish wasn’t good enough to even be a backup. We should have had goalkeeping targets identified and in the door very early on. To start competitive games with Parish is more evidence of poor planning and foresight and if it goes on much longer we’ll end up playing league games with him as the number one which is a nonsense.

I'm pretty sure Davidson said about December that he expected Clark to leave. 

They definitely have had ample time and locking down a guaranteed starting slot for a GK should have been easy to plan for. 

Maybe he's not found the right over 30 injury prone one yet though.

Saturdays going to be great fun.

2 CBs and 4 AMs.

We'll play 3 CBs and 2 AMs...

Edited by RandomGuy.

20 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Also is James Brown injured/unfit? Why are we converting Charlie Gilmour to wing back? It’s just so bizarre.

I was wondering the same thing. Crossed my mind that it may be cause he’s not very dynamic as a RWB rather than a RB but about ten mins of watching Gilmore(Gilmour?) playing out of position there made me think Brown must still be injured.

12 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I'm pretty sure Davidson said about December that he expected Clark to leave. 

Earliest I could find

Screenshot_20220714-141918_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6e2c3459850b2a1ed3164d443fb6dae.jpg

I'm expecting on Saturday:

Parish

Brown Mahon Considine

Gilmour Davidson Halberg Montgomery

Carey May Murphy

----

Bair wasnt great midweek but he should continue to receive game time.

Is Considine capable of playing two games in one week?

I presume any deal to sign Walker from Killie will be subject to them bringing in someone as replace for him as well.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I genuinely think he’ll go with May upfront because we have to win, and he sees him as ‘reliable’. He’s going to have to learn to have a degree of patience with Bair but I just don’t think he’s got it in him. 

Don’t think he’s foolish enough to continue the Gilmour experiment, so will probably go with MOH. Although I’m beginning to doubt it now I’ve typed it out

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Earliest I could find

Screenshot_20220714-141918_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6e2c3459850b2a1ed3164d443fb6dae.jpg

Yeah. I think a contract was being discussed in the media in December then him likely leaving in January.

Plenty of time to plan either a permanent or a likely loan.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Also is James Brown injured/unfit?

Last I heard he battered his bird with an iron pipe, shot at her car and is now out on bail. Rumours are he has a bit of a coke habit.

30 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Yeah. I think a contract was being discussed in the media in December then him likely leaving in January.

Plenty of time to plan either a permanent or a likely loan.

Yeah mid-December there's an article saying we've offered him a deal but we're aware there's interest from other clubs up here and in England.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah mid-December there's an article saying we've offered him a deal but we're aware there's interest from other clubs up here and in England.

Are we finding out now though (based on the fact that he's still not signed anywhere) that the interest in England wasn't as strong as the agent was suggesting to the club it was?

United & Saints ending up being only real concrete offers....

I know I'm just speculating but you'd imagine he would have jumped at an offer from the likes of Stoke if one was actually received.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe