Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think most of the boos were at the ref. Plenty of our support on FB and Twitter claiming Cleary cost us a "comfortable win" by getting sent off.

Probably more concerning is that the fens couldn't even be bothered booing the players. Might be a lone voice here, but while the ref wasn't great, in no way did he cost us that game. Cleary got himself sent off. McPhersons even if wasn't a Red card challenge, it was in the 89th minute and changed nothing.

There shouldn't be a player in that saints squad who if fielded shouldn't be capable of beating Annan. No disrespect to Annan, but all of our players are full time. If they aren't capable, then why are they here. No manager, fan or journalist should excuse players not turning up. It's not a pre season friendly, it is competitive. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Macphersons got lucky with those challenges before. How long have we got left to deal with that cretin? I’ll celebrate his release.

I will too but he's here for another season after this due to Davidson chucking about mad contract offers.

4 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

There shouldn't be a player in that saints squad who if fielded shouldn't be capable of beating Annan. 

Pretty much.

Gilmour aside, all of those players are either first or second choice for their position, which is why this excusing the performance/result as it wasn't our "strongest team" is just weird to me. I'd expect all but Parish, Gilmour and Max to comfortably have 10+ appearances by January.

The poor performance by our depth players, combined with an example of how easy it is to lose players for a game or two, was a great big flashing warning to everyone we need to improve the squad in terms of quality in depth. But, as is now usual, some will just ignore it and attack those who dare mention it.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, County couldn’t field eleven players at the start of last season, and had three points after ten league games.   St Johnstone are hardly alone in treating this tournament as a (barely) glorified friendly.  

The caveat being at no point did County have Elliott Parish in goals.  

I assume that both St Johnstone and Ross County will be taking the trophy off their honours list if they consider it a glorified friendly? Didn't seem like that when they were celebrating a double.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I assume that both St Johnstone and Ross County will be taking the trophy off their honours list if they consider it a glorified friendly? Didn't seem like that when they were celebrating a double.

Timely response. Can assure you that’s not the attitude I have to these games

~Served up a season of turgid shite in 21/22, narrowly avoiding relegation
~Persist with shite system for 22/23, leading to a defeat on penalties against a League Two side in the first competitive match in our best opportunity to win a trophy
~pitch that has had £100k spent on it looking like it’s been recently ploughed   
~a series of uninspiring short-term signings    
~Ali Crawford & Cammy MacPherson
~converting the most beige midfielder in history, Charlie Gilmour, into a wingback for no discernible reason 
~no sign of gazebos selling mulled wine outside the ground

WHY ARE PEOPLE BEING NEGATIVE

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We didn't class it as a "glorified friendly" until we embarrassed ourselves, tbf.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Is there anything about St Johnstone FC that isn't half-hearted?

The happy clappers and journalists propping up Callum Davidson aren’t half hearted.  

Edited by Kyle

15 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

~Served up a season of turgid shite in 21/22, narrowly avoiding relegation
~Persist with shite system for 22/23, leading to a defeat on penalties against a League Two side in the first competitive match in our best opportunity to win a trophy
~pitch that has had £100k spent on it looking like it’s been recently ploughed   
~a series of uninspiring short-term signings    
~Ali Crawford & Cammy MacPherson
~converting the most beige midfielder in history, Charlie Gilmour, into a wingback for no discernible reason 
~no sign of gazebos selling mulled wine outside the ground

WHY ARE PEOPLE BEING NEGATIVE

The £100k was between the main pitch and two training pitches

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Class, I'm designating the entire Kilmarnock FC 2020/21 season as a glorified friendly. No fans there, it basically didn't count.

Football with fans is nothing, so that’s the only season that counted

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I wouldn't take what either Davidson or in particular his pet journalist say in the wake of another embarrassing defeat too seriously.