Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Was thinking about that earlier, albeit haven’t actually checked - how long was Murray away for before signing on again?

Just checked was in after the two Rosenberg games 

Edited by PSJ.84

Davidson ended up back with us at the end of July I think. 

Clark re-signing would solve one of the 3 big issues in the squad for me. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Kyle

I won't be very happy if we make Clark our highest ever paid player tbh.

One good season out of several average ones and more than a few absolutely clown shoes performances.

Edited by The Saintee

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I won't be very happy if we make Clark our highest ever paid player tbh.

One good season out of several average ones and more than a few absolutely clown shoes performances.

On one hand I agree but then I remember that Parish has let in 16 in his last three games.... any c**t will do.

Fucking hell, Clark isn’t resigning what more so folk need. We’re struggling to find a keeper and pining after him isn’t fling to help. Like I said, i can confirm 100% Clark isn’t signing a new at saints no matter what is on the table for him! 

Fucking hell, Clark isn’t resigning what more so folk need. We’re struggling to find a keeper and pining after him isn’t fling to help. Like I said, i can confirm 100% Clark isn’t signing a new at saints no matter what is on the table for him! 

If we didn’t believe there was a chance we’d have had a new goalie in right away.

I suspect Clark’s maybe found out it’s just been interest and nothing solid outside of us and United.

However I’m not getting my hopes up yet, see what happens but I did expect one in by today.

It's been clear for a while Clark is gone, he won't be back, unless someone has fucked up massively, and even then they'll probably wait the whole window waiting on a move elsewhere. 

Goalkeeper seems like a hard position to get quality in, as you imagine there's rakes of teams looking every Summer for a new number one, or fighting to keep the one they have. Willing to be, relatively, patient as they work to get one in.

They can't miss with it though, we saw the difference last season between Clark and Parish how important a keeper can be.

So who do we expect to see starting in goals today? The hierarchy suggests Parish but surely Sinclair would be the better shout?

If we've not got a keeper when the competitive games start, especially the league, I think I'd rather have the youngster in there ahead of a known risk. 

As for Zander, you get the feeling that there's a chance he will stay as other than United there's not really been any serious rumours. To hang on to his place in the national team you'd expect that he would have to play as #1 at Scot Perm or English L1 at the very least. If that's a factor, and it should be, there aren't that many options for him. 

26 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

So who do we expect to see starting in goals today? The hierarchy suggests Parish but surely Sinclair would be the better shout?

If we've not got a keeper when the competitive games start, especially the league, I think I'd rather have the youngster in there ahead of a known risk. 

Has to be Sinclair. We know what Parish can(t) do, so let's see what Sinclair does.

Clark won't be signing, but, the longer it goes before he gets a club and we get a #1, then I suppose the liklihood increases.

As for making him the highest paid player ever, it is fair enough if thst is what he is worth. The whole, highest ever paid player is a bit misleading as with inflation etc wages will always drift up. For example, what we were paying Kernaghan is probably worth £6-£7k in todays money.....

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has to be Sinclair. We know what Parish can(t) do, so let's see what Sinclair does.

Yeah, guessing that Ross will get the league cup games and if he does well it will be his shirt to lose until we make a signing. 

With injuries I suppose it will look something like this, but the squad is looking pretty ropey.  Does Max normally play in a front 3?

Sinclair

Wright      Cleary Gordon Mahon    Montgomery

Hallberg Davidson 

Kucheriavyi Bair  Murphy

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

2 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Does Max normally play in a front 3?

Sinclair

Hallberg Davidson 

Kucheriavyi Bair  Murphy

The couple of Brechin and Kelty games I watched last year he was played just off the right and fairly sure the manager said earlier this week he’s similar positionally to Carey, so would imagine so

27 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Yeah, guessing that Ross will get the league cup games and if he does well it will be his shirt to lose until we make a signing. 

With injuries I suppose it will look something like this, but the squad is looking pretty ropey.  Does Max normally play in a front 3?

Sinclair

Hallberg Davidson 

Kucheriavyi Bair  Murphy

Loads of players out of position, fully expect Davidson to be on board with that line up.

Out of the mish mash Davidson has signed for this season I'd go with

New Keeper 

Brown     Cleary Mahon  Considine 

Davidson  Gilmour 

Wright          Hallberg        Murphy 

Bair

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Loads of players out of position, fully expect Davidson to be on board with that line up.

Would be surprised to see anything other than that shape, and with the players we have it's hard to see what else he'll do. Maybe Crawford and/or MacPherson shoehorned in somehow into to a midfield 3. 

He might give the back 4 another go I suppose, would make more sense., despite the result in Inverness. 

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Out of the mish mash Davidson has signed for this season I'd go with

New Keeper 

Brown     Cleary Mahon  Considine 

Davidson  Gilmour 

Wright          Hallberg        Murphy 

Bair

Can't argue that's not a better use of the players we have. Will be surprised in a good way if we see it though.