Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Anyone over 12 giving a shit what the back to back double winning champs are wearing come season start needs a punch in the face.

I’m still seething that we never acknowledged our magnificent achievement on our shirt the following season after the double tbh. Missed opportunity.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

So in just over a fortnight are we going to all be really excited about Theo Bair, or wondering where the hell we are going to find a striker as an alternative to Stevie May? 

I think we will be excited about Bair. If given a proper chance, he has the potential to be a real handful for other teams. If we can get the ball into him near the goal, his size alone should cause problems. Even if he doesn't get on the end of balls in, he will be dragging defenders about. This gold be when Carey comes into play.

Clearly though, no matter how well he is doing, he'll be dropped to the bench when Kane is fit. 

Bet it’s white.

Seems like the club were hinting it's white.

Almost every single Saints fan across the socials:

“please give us a teal and magenta shirt.”

“If it’s teal and magenta we riot”

“Teal and magenta!!! [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji120] “

The Club on the phone to Macron:

“Yeah just go for a plain white template please. Nah no detail or anything, just a white shirt. Okay well maybe throw a wee blue triangle on the collar.”

14 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m still seething that we never acknowledged our magnificent achievement on our shirt the following season after the double tbh. Missed opportunity.

Isn't that why they had the gold (yellow?) panels on last seasons kit?

17 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’ve heard on various podcasts (I think including The Dogger) that clubs usually pick their kits around January, so honouring the double wasn’t likely to happen on the strip. I could of course be wrong and as Random Guy says the gold trim could have been added as a mark of our glory.

I’ve heard on various podcasts (I think including The Dogger) that clubs usually pick their kits around January, so honouring the double wasn’t likely to happen on the strip. I could of course be wrong and as Random Guy says the gold trim could have been added as a mark of our glory.

Nah I don’t believe the trims were a nod to the double. I’d have like an embroidered star above the badge or maybe a couple of wee embroidered trophies on the back of the collar, similar to how Milan used to stick trophies they had won on their shirt back in the day.

IMG_2346.jpg

35 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Almost every single Saints fan across the socials:

“please give us a teal and magenta shirt.”

“If it’s teal and magenta we riot”

“Teal and magenta!!! emoji120.png emoji120.png emoji120.png

The Club on the phone to Macron:

“Yeah just go for a plain white template please. Nah no detail or anything, just a white shirt. Okay well maybe throw a wee blue triangle on the collar.”

Or, dare I say, the wee white flag is surrender, as in, 'OK, we are giving into the teal and magenta'.....

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

This was one of the best Saints away shirts, and should be copied one year;

98905B83-739E-4560-94EA-34F720B82888.jpeg.8f338a00790ef4d8f2e9ad6acab7dae4.jpeg

Not sure if there’s any good pictures of it out there.

Have one of those terrible dunnottar remakes of this 

Cove Rangers managed to kit a couple of kits with gold detailing on sorted out pretty quickly after winning the league although maybe they just backed themselves and were willing to write the kits off if Airdrie ended up catching them.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

JS72841079.jpg.491a35a6d26ac69a2853a306fcfc1b96.jpg

This is the best kit we've had in my lifetime, and that's a hill I'll happily die on.

Strong agree.

Although I like a few of the red & black ones too.

I’m also not clear if everyone else likes the Teal & Magenta one ironically, or if people actually like it. Personally I think it’s disgusting but I love it.

Edited by gingermunkie