Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I give it half an hour of 5-2-3, with MacPherson and Gilmour as the "2" and Brown/Montgomery as wing backs, before depression hits.

I suspect half an hour might be too generous…

The lineup tweet might do it

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I suspect half an hour might be too generous…

The lineup tweet might do it

Parish

Brown - Cleary - Gordon - Considine - Montgomery 

MacPherson - Gilmour

Carey - Bair - Crawford

Jamie Murphy plays best off the left. Carey, Wotherspoon, Crawford and Murphy will all be looking to play that position and they’re all relatively similar in style. 

Murphy was a very good player but recent history doesn’t look great. Another 30+ year old too

Jamie Murphy was slow as f**k and injury prone at Hibs. His performance in the league cup final against Celtc was laughable. Wouldn’t want to rely on him every week but he can still produce the odd moment of magic when fit.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Jamie Murphy plays best off the left. Carey, Wotherspoon, Crawford and Murphy will all be looking to play that position and they’re all relatively similar in style. 

Murphy was a very good player but recent history doesn’t look great. Another 30+ year old too

33 in August. 

I don't have any issue with these signings in isolation but all in the one team... Hmm. Again, hope I'm proved wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Jamie Murphy was slow as f**k and injury prone at Hibs. His performance in the league cup final against Celtc was laughable. Wouldn’t want to rely on him every week but he can still produce the odd moment of magic when fit.

I preferred his other cup final for hibs tbh. f**k knows how he hit the bar.

Can't be any excuses from Davidson this year.

Got experience in, got a huge squad again, built the squad to play multiple different systems, and got most of his business done early.

Time to let him bed everyone in, get his strongest line up settled, and see where it takes us I guess. 

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Year deal, which I can accept. Bit of a random signing however didn’t see him joining up.

Maybe we’ll get a goalie tomorrow.

Feel like the goalie has to be quality. Not convinced we’ve replaced the goals we’ve lost (hopefully Bair can plug the gap a bit) but you do feel Zander’s performances kept us in games last season and I’m not sure parish is capable of that.

15 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Year deal, which I can accept. Bit of a random signing however didn’t see him joining up.

Maybe we’ll get a goalie tomorrow.

News item says there's an option and I don't know whose but headline suggested it's players option, which would be in keeping with our transfer madness. 

So whats our strongest team then lads? 

I’d guess we’re sticking to the 5-2-3/5-3-2 variations given the signings all seem to fit into that. I’d guess the manager maybe wants to try 

New GK/Parish

Cleary Gordon Considine

Wright McPherson Hallberg Montgomery 

Carey Bair Murphy 

Spoony surely comes into the team somewhere when he’s fit, same with Kane and Booth/Gallacher  

Can’t help but feel we’d benefit from pushing Hallberg further up the pitch, but not sure we can when we have so many options in the 10/winger roles and so few proven ones ones further back in midfield. 

Have to hope it clicks. Looking forward to seeing us on Saturday to see how it all comes together. 

Edited by Kyle