Jump to content

Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread


Recommended Posts

I'm torn on Carey, pretty sure all he's good for is set-pieces, but it's still something he's competent at when compared to Crawford, and as we set up with no plan to score from open play, it's probably necessary.

He'll play the Crawford role perfectly, will be sh*te for 33 game a year, will score 4/5 goals that in theory get us 10 points and CD will want carried around Perth thinking he's a mastermind for keeping us up in the playoffs again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I'm torn on Carey, pretty sure all he's good for is set-pieces, but it's still something he's competent at when compared to Crawford, and as we set up with no plan to score from open play, it's probably necessary.

He'll play the Crawford role perfectly, will be sh*te for 33 game a year, will score 4/5 goals that in theory get us 10 points and CD will want carried around Perth thinking he's a mastermind for keeping us up in the playoffs again 

He'll be replacing Middleton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Allegedly got a friendly against Aberdeen over in Spain, not sure if that’s correct or not but not hugely surprising if true 

I think Livingston are there too, so probably have a bounce game against them too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

 

 

 

Meh. Of all the regular starters we have lost over the last year and a bit, this is the one I'm least concerned with. When on form decent, but could be a total liability if he's not on it.

That he is playing a league above Rooney is a crime.

Carey could be a decent signing. Can't really remember him all too well, but if he is the bridge between where we are now and Max possibly becoming a regular over the next year or so, then will do me. The age thing isn't a massive issue so long as he stays fit, which some of the older players we have brought in haven't managed well enough. 

I wonder if Saints and Aberdeen both bring in the same place might reap some rewards in terms of player moment and Considine 'accidently' wiping out Goodwin at the side of the pitch....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

One minute Parish was retiring. The next he was signing a new deal. Why the change of heart? 🙁

Because he's a great lad in the dressing room. And presumably it's too early for Sinclair to be involved. So we need our new Number 1 to stay fit and in form because Parish has regressed big time. As we could all see against Hibs.

Except Callum of course.

Edited by The Saintee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Because he's a great lad in the dressing room. And presumably it's too early for Sinclair to be involved.

Are they reasons that would stop him wanting to retire though?

Was just thinking going into training every day to sit on the bench all season for probably not very much money isn't something that's likely to encourage someone who was planning to retire to reverse that decision.

It did seem a bit premature to retire though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Are they reasons that would stop him wanting to retire though?

Was just thinking going into training every day to sit on the bench all season for probably not very much money isn't something that's likely to encourage someone who was planning to retire to reverse that decision.

It did seem a bit premature to retire though!

Guess he was talked out of it.

You're a long time retired as a professional footballer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...