Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Saints will have Murray Davidson roll out of bed one morning, throw him an XXL shirt and get him to stand on a half-grown pitch. Then tell everyone it'll be available to pre-order for an unknown date of arrival. 

One week before the cup games start, and the players won't even wear the full kit for those games.

10 hours ago, Radford said:

Might just fully embrace the admission that Motherwell are good at this stuff. Great little promo for their new kit, which ties in with it going on sale. 

Not one of those guys look remotely like a footballer.

21 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Andy Considine signing for Saints?

Happy to say I called the most obvious Callum Davidson move ages ago.

On 18/05/2022 at 08:38, RandomGuy. said:

Looking at players getting freed throws up some players Davidson wanted in January, so perhaps an early view of what the Summer holds.

So far I get it at Kevin McDonald, Drey Wright, and Graham Carey, who are all set to be free agents.

I'm convinced he'll want to chuck money at Considine or Lamie too if we stay up. So early prediction for next season would be...

LINEUP111652860640629.thumb.png.f66e153250b3c4d14ba053a54adba76c.png

On 18/05/2022 at 16:58, RandomGuy. said:

He's 35, missed about 12 months of football with an injury, and his wage demands at Aberdeen would make him the highest earners at a chunk of clubs in the division. 

Anyone who signs him is a fanny.

I did consider it as a back up option, but Jesus no. If it’s announced it could be as funny as the day they announced Crawford on a 2.5 year deal.

6 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Fully expecting Charlie Adam as well. 

Any other old crocks that Callum will be able to "trust"?

Paul Coutts is out of contract and an Allan Preston client, according to transfermarkt, so wouldn't be stunned if he's a midfield signing.

So is Kieren Westwood.

Two players who you'd think are decent signings but realise both are now 35+ so will only give us a season.

If Considine signs I'll have a horrible feeling we're headed back to Davidson not caring about the long term. His focus this Summer will be experienced players who can do a job for 12 months and help him get a move away before next season. Hopefully wrong.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Paul Coutts is out of contract and an Allan Preston client, according to transfermarkt, so wouldn't be stunned if he's a midfield signing.
So is Kieren Westwood.
Two players who you'd think are decent signings but realise both are now 35+ so will only give us a season.
If Considine signs I'll have a horrible feeling we're headed back to Davidson not caring about the long term. His focus this Summer will be experienced players who can do a job for 12 months and help him get a move away before next season. Hopefully wrong.

Westwood would make sense, would explain Parish signing for 12 months as backup, Gives you an experienced number 1 & let’s Sinclair take that loan move for a season.

Coutts is only 34, but after Brysons issues I’m reluctant.

What areas are you feeling we’re short on yourself? I’m less concerned striker wise unless Hendry does move on, but feel midfield CB & Goalkeeper all need addressed.

20 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Westwood would make sense, would explain Parish signing for 12 months as backup, Gives you an experienced number 1 & let’s Sinclair take that loan move for a season.

Coutts is only 34, but after Brysons issues I’m reluctant.

What areas are you feeling we’re short on yourself? I’m less concerned striker wise unless Hendry does move on, but feel midfield CB & Goalkeeper all need addressed.

Both signings wouldn't be bad and you could see the idea behind them tbh, it's just the message they would send in addition to Considine would be dreadful. Guess there's no point thinking too much on hypothetical signings yet though.

I think, if we keep the back three, we need a starting GK, starting RWB, back up CB, starting CM, 2 first team quality winger/forwards and a starting striker, at a minimum. That would give him a squad to play either back 3 set up that he uses.

CM has to be one who can protect the defence but is willing to take the ball and move it forwards, Bryson without the crippled legs maybe.

I don't know what we'll actually do though, if we start getting told Wotherspoon/MOH/Kane will be "like new signings" ill hyperventilate. 

Assuming McCart is away, Considine would be coming in as 4th choice centre-back, which given he turned down Aberdeen's offer as he wanted a substantial wage, makes absolutely zero sense to me. Therefore, I can totally see Davidson doing it!

After all the hard work to bring down the age if the squad I’ll be raging if we sign a bunch of geriatrics. Would happily accept 1 or 2 experienced heads (Conway worked out well and served a good purpose imo) but any more would be such a regressive step. 

In fairness, if they see Sinclair as a potential no 1 in a years time I would be happy if one of the experienced ones was a GK signed for a year. 

If we signed Considine on his wage surely he'd have to start, and also surely he'd have to play in the middle of the back 3 due to his mobility, which means dropping Gordon.

Actually not averse to that but it's probably going to be a lot of budget you could use elsewhere, an injury risk, and a 1 year fix at best.

Just f**k off Callum, absolutely fucking rancid window here we come.

Drey Wright next, then Frank Fielding.

Can't wait.

13 hours ago, Kyle said:

Considine is as obvious a Davidson target as has ever existed. 

Aye. If we’re going to sign an old huddy, a centre back is probably the one position we can afford to carry one in the squad. Don’t hate this signing personally, but will reserve judgment on this one until we see what else is brought in.