Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Steady... We're just all overacting and over analysing what he says.

Apparently.

But... it's as if everything he says undermines anything he achieves, and he doesn't realise that it all just draws attention to his/his team's/the club's failings. I've seen the RandomGuy beef with the press but I'm still amazed that this stuff just... happens. And nobody pulls him up for it. 

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

But... it's as if everything he says undermines anything he achieves, and he doesn't realise that it all just draws attention to his/his team's/the club's failings. I've seen the RandomGuy beef with the press but I'm still amazed that this stuff just... happens. And nobody pulls him up for it. 

He's absolutely untouchable in the media. 

It's the fans on social media that are taking it too far seemingly.

He's also got massive amounts of belief in his own hype.

" Nobody rates Cammy MacPherson but I've seen a player there that's better than Ali McCann. Just watch me coach him into a megastar."

Edited by The Saintee

I don't think I'll ever forgive the repeated "avoiding the drop was bigger than the cup double" comments.

One was an unprecedented achievement in our history and probably the best achievement ever by a small club in Scotland. The other was simply the minimum expectation level for any given season.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I don't think I'll ever forgive the repeated "avoiding the drop was bigger than the cup double" comments.

One was an unprecedented achievement in our history and probably the best achievement ever by a small club in Scotland. The other was simply the minimum expectation level for any given season.

I'm pretty sure he was building a career saving narrative there. 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

On a down note, I can't help but feel every signing will be, at best, greeted with "could've been worse" type comments.

2+ years for Crawford and Money for McPherson

Could of been worse can only be better...... right......right? 👀🥺

Goalkeepers

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2024 

Craig Hepburn - 2023

Defenders 

James Brown - 2023

Daniel Cleary - 2024 

Liam Gordon - 2024

John Mahon -2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  

Bailey Pert - 2023

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Eetu Vertainen - 2023

Theo Bair - 2024

Offered New Deals 

Zander Clark

Jamie McCart

Callum Hendry

Unknown

Liam Palmer

Spencer Moreland

Taylor Steven

Released/left the club 

Shaun Rooney

Efe Ambrose 

Sam Denham 

Craig Bryson

Liam Craig (stays on as a coach) 

Jacob Butterfield

Jordan Northcott

Nadir Ciftci

Jahmal Hector-Ingram 

Loans Expired

Glenn Middleton

Tom Sang 

Hello lads, sorry to interrupt the news about your shite goalie re-signing but I've been reading your thread semi-regularly for the past few months and even I'm getting annoyed by how stupid Davidson is. "we played games in Europe and it hurt the squad" the games finished in August! I don't know how you cope.

Aye this is why most of us are in a revolutionary mood. For me over the course of the last 12 months it’s went from being a question of whether he’s a good manager or not to actually just thinking he’s quite thick. Which has all sorts of implications for his management from the bizarre interviews to the consistent failure to diagnose what’s going wrong and fix it.

And then that ends in us today giving a contract to a goalkeeper who doesn’t have any arms. It’s stupid for all sorts of reasons but considering Clark’s away and we don’t have a number one keeper, it piles a lot of pressure on whoever we sign for that position considering we have no plausible alternative if he’s shite/injured.

2 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

For me over the course of the last 12 months it’s went from being a question of whether he’s a good manager or not to actually just thinking he’s quite thick. Which has all sorts of implications for his management from the bizarre interviews to the consistent failure to diagnose what’s going wrong and fix it.

Seconded, this is exactly how I feel.

2 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Aye this is why most of us are in a revolutionary mood. For me over the course of the last 12 months it’s went from being a question of whether he’s a good manager or not to actually just thinking he’s quite thick. Which has all sorts of implications for his management from the bizarre interviews to the consistent failure to diagnose what’s going wrong and fix it.

And then that ends in us today giving a contract to a goalkeeper who doesn’t have any arms. It’s stupid for all sorts of reasons but considering Clark’s away and we don’t have a number one keeper, it piles a lot of pressure on whoever we sign for that position considering we have no plausible alternative if he’s shite/injured.

Spot on

Announcing the re-signing of the T Rex around the same time as opening season ticket renewals is putting some demand on the marketing team.  
Fair play they’ve risen to the challenge..

Elliot was a fantastic understudy to Zander Clark last season, making seven appearances. His most notable appearance being the victory against 3rd placed Hearts at home, a result that helped us go a long way in surviving relegation.

Spoiler

3FCB3FF3-C784-464B-BF4E-3A5DEED2929D.thumb.jpeg.05defc26d11d4e2bcc9612c1a2fead86.jpeg

54 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Announcing the re-signing of the T Rex around the same time as opening season ticket renewals is putting some demand on the marketing team.  
Fair play they’ve risen to the challenge..

Elliot was a fantastic understudy to Zander Clark last season, making seven appearances. His most notable appearance being the victory against 3rd placed Hearts at home, a result that helped us go a long way in surviving relegation.

Hide contents

3FCB3FF3-C784-464B-BF4E-3A5DEED2929D.thumb.jpeg.05defc26d11d4e2bcc9612c1a2fead86.jpeg

He's not that intimidating, more Barney than T-Rex

Screenshot_20220608-201137.png

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

That is unreal 🤣 

Anyone know who the last player to score for Scotland after playing for Saints is?

Beyond Ralston last night obviously.

Bugging me as I feel there's someone obvious I'm ignoring.

Your McFadden/Conways don't count as they played for us after their Scotland careers.

Edited by RandomGuy.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone know who the last player to score for Scotland after playing for Saints is?

Beyond Ralston last night obviously.

Bugging me as I feel there's someone obvious I'm ignoring.

Your McFadden/Conways don't count as they played for us after their Scotland careers.

Paul Hartley?

13 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Fairly easy to survive relegation if you aren't actually relegated.

One rumoured target off the list, with Reece McAlear joining Tranmere.

Someone on WAP claiming we failed in an attempt to sign Chris Hamilton, who joined Dunfermline instead. Apparently the players claimed we made an offer but I've no idea where he's seen/read those comments.