Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'd imagine we'd see Brown covering there if Booth/Gallacher miss the early Cup games tbh.

Aye, good to have him able to float between both sides as and when needed. I also didn’t realise Booths deal ran for this coming season I had it in my head he’d be away this summer.

I think when you get into a negative mindset, it can be quite hard to break it, especially without something tangible to raise spirits. 

So I'm caught between wanting to embrace the sort of optimism each summer should bring for any football fan and, as already pointed out, just reading an interview that sounds very much like what we were told at Xmas. 

For me, the approach will be to judge him once these four or five signings are completed. I will try and bite my tongue in the meantime. 

I suppose the next question is what positions will they be?

I think when you get into a negative mindset, it can be quite hard to break it, especially without something tangible to raise spirits. 

So I'm caught between wanting to embrace the sort of optimism each summer should bring for any football fan and, as already pointed out, just reading an interview that sounds very much like what we were told at Xmas. 

For me, the approach will be to judge him once these four or five signings are completed. I will try and bite my tongue in the meantime. 

I suppose the next question is what positions will they be?

Fucking Parish. FFS. 

One year extension for Parish. Not a fan of that.

Said yesterday, if the plans to give Sinclair a loan to the championship and we’re getting a number 1 in then I can live with it. He won’t be number 1.

Parish...he's not even good enough in an emergency. 

Just say whatever new keeper we get has a season ender. 

We then have Parish flapping about and falling over in installments trying to make a save.

Back up keeper isn't an easy position to fill, hard balance between quality/money/willingness to be back up but there's now absolutely no leeway. The keeper signing has to be absolutely spot on and ready to go, as we can't have Parish as a genuine option as number one.

Horrible feeling the latest article from Nicolson is trying to soften us up to Drey Wright signing too.

20 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Said yesterday, if the plans to give Sinclair a loan to the championship and we’re getting a number 1 in then I can live with it. He won’t be number 1.

When he came into the team last season he was woeful. He is not the required standard even as a backup in the Premiership. He’s worth a goal a game to our opponents.

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Definitely gives a lot of cause for optimism, which will no doubt be destroyed when a couple of names start to appear!

Sensational start. Understand the logic behind giving him a new deal, just have to pray now he doesn’t play…at all. 

When he came into the team last season he was woeful. He is not the required standard even as a backup in the Premiership. He’s worth a goal a game to our opponents.

I don’t seem to mind him being too bad in the opening half a dozen games the season before when Zander was injured. But he looked like he’d lost all confidence his season. I’d rather we got 2 new keepers in myself, but as RG has said it’s difficult to find a competent back up and first choice.

Also, RG I think the fact Wright was spotted st the playoff says all we need to know about where he’s playing next season.

Hello lads, sorry to interrupt the news about your shite goalie re-signing but I've been reading your thread semi-regularly for the past few months and even I'm getting annoyed by how stupid Davidson is. "we played games in Europe and it hurt the squad" the games finished in August! I don't know how you cope.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Also, RG I think the fact Wright was spotted st the playoff says all we need to know about where he’s playing next season.

Probably find it's been in the works since January, but I remain determined we're not going that route.

On a down note, I can't help but feel every signing will be, at best, greeted with "could've been worse" type comments.

14 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Hello lads, sorry to interrupt the news about your shite goalie re-signing but I've been reading your thread semi-regularly for the past few months and even I'm getting annoyed by how stupid Davidson is. "we played games in Europe and it hurt the squad" the games finished in August! I don't know how you cope.

Steady... We're just all overacting and over analysing what he says.

Apparently.

16 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It must have had a severe impact in the 34 league games we played afterwards though! 🤣

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Lawlor and Parish?

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Alongside our CM options of Ali Crawford and Cammy MacPherson, and right wing back options of Drey Wright and James Brown.

What a season we're in for.