Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

41 minutes ago, AJF said:

Thread title needs updated, surely. Relegation Play Off Survivalists St Johnstone Thread?

Only when you change your lot's to 'First Time Scottish Cup Winners Rangers'... 😉

23 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We're a bigger club, pay more, and are really handy for players who live in or near Glasgow. I would expect we would most often be able to beat St Johnstone to a player we both wanted, but of course there are other teams who can come in above both of us.

I was thinking more in terms of a life changing move. Like the wage uplift Kerr and McCann got last summer.

3 hours ago, Center half said:

If " Shove came to Push", "needs must", i would stick Cleary into the marauding , chase everything down ,"headless chicken (sometimes) role that Rooney performed well at!

I saw someone on the banter page suggesting Stevie May should be moved to a midfield role.  Now you're suggesting Cleary for wing back.  Hopefully we just try to sign players suited to specific roles rather than try this.

9 minutes ago, andrewh said:

I was thinking more in terms of a life changing move. Like the wage uplift Kerr and McCann got last summer.

Rooney and Hendry aren't quite at the level of those two and were never really going to get the life-changing move. It then simply becomes a case of choosing between several similar options.

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I saw someone on the banter page suggesting Stevie May should be moved to a midfield role.  Now you're suggesting Cleary for wing back.  Hopefully we just try to sign players suited to specific roles rather than try this.

Aha!  the key was the marauding , chasing down and headless chicken bit! Cleary has on occasions carried out this during games already! I did not mention moving him to RWB?, however i could see how you thought that might be the case.

I'm pretty sure Random had some stats that Drey Wright was honking in terms of his actual output in terms of goals and assists, but I still don't completely hate it as a signing if he's not on a big wage and expecting a major role.

Can play RWB or on either wing if we go back to that, also from memory he has the annoying trait that CD loves in Ali Crawford as well, he does always try to keep running and will track his man/ do as he's told in the pressing game, unfortunately he's not fit  enough and doesn't have a turn of pace to then attack properly when we turned the ball over,  but we don't actually set up with any coherent plan to attack or control a game so he'll fit perfectly 

8 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I'm pretty sure Random had some stats that Drey Wright was honking in terms of his actual output in terms of goals and assists, but I still don't completely hate it as a signing if he's not on a big wage and expecting a major role.

His wages will be the issue, by most accounts he was on a fortune with us before he went even higher at Hibs.

I dont think we need him and O'Halloran, and I'm not sure who you'd rather have out of those two tbh.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His wages will be the issue, by most accounts he was on a fortune with us before he went even higher at Hibs.

I dont think we need him and O'Halloran, and I'm not sure who you'd rather have out of those two tbh.

They somehow have completely different issues but will end up offering much the same output

Wright is more switched on as a player and probably applies himself better but doesn't have the pace or stamina to go for 90, MOH needs a few seconds to react to anything so his pace is usually nullified by his own lack of anticipation unless he's up against and absolute haddie 

Would rather have neither tbh but can still see Wright happening 

I have a feeling O’Halloran might be away off. Not sure why I just do.

If MOH hasn't learned how to actually be a footballer by now then he never will. We've had the best of him and it's time to move on.

He's still responsible for one of my all time favourite Saints pictures as well.

Edited by The Saintee

Assuming Clark is away, Hendry, McCart the only others?
Murray Davidson has signed a new deal.
"The club can also confirm that new contracts have been offered to Jamie McCart, Zander Clark and Callum Hendry."

It's the hope that kills you...

Also disappointing that Denham and Northcott haven't kicked on enough in the club's eyes to make the cut.

9 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Muzz signed for another year 

Bryson

Butterfield

Hector - Ingram 

Ciftci

Ambrose

Northcott

Denham

Released 

Any idea what's happening with Parish?

Doesn't seem mentioned anywhere.