Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

By calling Gary Rowett or Allan Preston if his past form is anything to go by. 

Just watch you’ll have Preston calling you a filthy liar if you say that again.

59 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think I know the answer already, but what about for RB Jamie Hamilton? Still sticks out in my mind Davidson was at their game v Dunfermline back in January.

I reckon you will end up signing Jason Naismith.

Glad Rooney isn't staying in Scotland. What an impact he has had at Saints and while I doubt he'll ever play for us again, you could imagine him pitching up amongst the crowd at some point.

Wonder if we might see repeat games vs Preston or Fleetwood this pre season. Ideally away. 

A club with a stadium holding 5000 is not where I expected a player with Rooney’s achievements and status to end up. They are a bit of a nothing club when you read about them. Guess they’ve got a bit of money to spend.

Its obviously a big deal that Scott Brown is the manager there, expect he’s probably a bit of a hero to Shaun.

They’ve had a few familiar names as manager over the past 8 years prior to Brown, including Graham Alexander, Steven Pressley and Joey Barton.

3ABD98C7-7F17-4947-8730-84388B5B061D.jpeg.b77a4991c0833c531b89126b8abf5e3b.jpeg

Everyone’s talking about Fleetwood like they’re a pub team. But they’ve got some serious money behind them and have climbed up through the leagues over the last decade or so. Having had some decent players and managers along the way. They’re obviously ambitious and personally don’t think it is that much of a disgrace that Rooney has gone there. 

Michael O'Halloran or Drey Wright as alternative to Brown, is my guess of what he'd be thinking last Summer.
Here's hoping he's changed.
Drey Wright was sitting with the injured players on Monday, along with the Kerr twins and Ali McCann. Wondered if he might be heading back to Perth and with Rooney gone would make some sense.

I would have been happy with Wright coming in in January given where we were and how tough it is to plan for that window/find players etc.

Now we’re in the summer I’d expect much better tbh. Lack of imagination if that’s Davidson’s plan to replace Rooney.

Blackpool is shite and no amount of money would make me move there.

Wait until he sees the staunch boozers, boy will be pining for the cherrybank.

Everyone’s talking about Fleetwood like they’re a pub team. But they’ve got some serious money behind them and have climbed up through the leagues over the last decade or so. Having had some decent players and managers along the way. They’re obviously ambitious and personally don’t think it is that much of a disgrace that Rooney has gone there. 

Aye I think last year was exceptionally shite for them, they seem to typically be mid table or just outside the playoffs.

6 hours ago, csteinle said:

Drey Wright was sitting with the injured players on Monday, along with the Kerr twins and Ali McCann. Wondered if he might be heading back to Perth and with Rooney gone would make some sense.

Please tell me you're joking.

7 hours ago, csteinle said:
12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Michael O'Halloran or Drey Wright as alternative to Brown, is my guess of what he'd be thinking last Summer.
Here's hoping he's changed.

BB261000-51AB-47F1-9848-486CCE620E32.png

18 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Its amazing how massive a club suddenly becomes just weeks after narrowly finishing above part-time Arbroath in the second tier.

I wouldn't worry about it, Paulo. All of the weegie suburb clubs fans have ideas way above their stations. 

12 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

WTF is that audio all about. Kill it with fire. 

Please tell me you're joking.

I mean, if it had all been agreed by now you’d have expected the announcement today, maybe just an old pal going to watch his old teammate Hallberg.

Please, enough with the Drey Wright chat.  In any case I don't think that it fits Davidson's signing profile. 

On that note, is Will Grigg worth a punt? Get the impression he's a busted flush and possibly just a bit too old now, and won't have anything like Hendry's work rate, but maybe affordable and might be a good level for him?

9 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Please, enough with the Drey Wright chat.  In any case I don't think that it fits Davidson's signing profile. 

I'm fairly sure he tried to sign him in January. 

Aye - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/wright-set-to-stay-at-hibs-3548783

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

On that note, is Will Grigg worth a punt? Get the impression he's a busted flush and possibly just a bit too old now, and won't have anything like Hendry's work rate, but maybe affordable and might be a good level for him?

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly sure he tried to sign him in January. 

Did he? Bit surprised. 

Will Grigg looks like he's going to take a contract at Rotherham. Been injured since January by the looks of it but I think he'd be more likely to start for us than them. Might be worth a punt.

Bair being starting striker alongside Kane/May would give me the fear, until we know what he's about.