Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

57 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

All the best to Shaun Rooney. A club legend that fully deserves his move.

That league cup group is quite something. I hadn’t heard that at long last it looks like they’ve ditched the regionalisation.

But it’s completely bitten us on the arse with some of the biggest trips we could get! Ayr, Queen of the South, Annan Athletic, Elgin City.  Hopefully Annan is away to tick off a new ground.

If it goes like before it'll be QOS and Elgin away.

Full credit to Rooney who presumably agreed this move before the second leg, he never let us down so best wishes to him.

Full credit to Rooney who presumably agreed this move before the second leg, he never let us down so best wishes to him.

I don’t think any player has had that big an impact in such a short period of time. He’s written himself into the history books and has cult status secured.

I suspect it’s not the last confirmed departure of the week, but hard to grudge him the move.

Just now, mizfit said:

I don’t think any player has had that big an impact in such a short period of time. He’s written himself into the history books and has cult status secured.

I suspect it’s not the last confirmed departure of the week, but hard to grudge him the move.

Hard to grudge any of the double winners a move, tbh, and you half wonder if a fresh slate is what this squad needs.

Could end up with only Gordon and Wotherspoon remaining as a regular from before January, and even then you could argue Mahon is better and ageing returning from injury Wotherspoon could be improved on.

Made this a while back as a bored look at what I'd like next season, it's fantasy stuff though and there wasn't huge thought into some of it.

LINEUP111653248179238.thumb.png.2f66b259a65eb3ca10c542417b32f23e.png

I make it he has a League Cup quarter final goal.

A League Cup semi final goal.

A League Cup final winning goal.

A Scottish Cup final winning goal.

A goal in each of the play off games.

Definitely a legend!

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if he's just woken up from the celebrations and found out at some point in the last 48 hours he'd signed for Fleetwood.

Hard to grudge any of the double winners a move, tbh, and you half wonder if a fresh slate is what this squad needs.
Could end up with only Gordon and Wotherspoon remaining as a regular from before January, and even then you could argue Mahon is better and ageing returning from injury Wotherspoon could be improved on.
Made this a while back as a bored look at what I'd like next season, it's fantasy stuff though and there wasn't huge thought into some of it.
LINEUP111653248179238.thumb.png.2f66b259a65eb3ca10c542417b32f23e.png

I think I know the answer already, but what about for RB Jamie Hamilton? Still sticks out in my mind Davidson was at their game v Dunfermline back in January.

1 minute ago, Templar Saint said:

We could have lost him last year to Rotherham but  Stevie Brown would not let him go cheap.

Well done Chairman for giving us another year of the Bellshill Cafu.

And actually allowing us to see him in person 

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think I know the answer already, but what about for RB Jamie Hamilton? Still sticks out in my mind Davidson was at their game v Dunfermline back in January.

He's more of a CB from what I know of him, who'd play the right side of a back three. I'm not even sure Hamilton was who he was watching then anyway, we were linked with Wighton too.

Always assumed his compensation would be huge as presumably Hamilton offered him a deal, but not sure tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Is Hamilton not a centre back? If Davidson is still here next season and intent on playing the same formation, we desperately need more attacking wing backs. Now that Rooney's away, none of the options we have there are suitable in my view - they're all natural full backs being asked to play a role they don't look comfortable playing. 

1 minute ago, Nelly78 said:

Is Hamilton not a centre back? If Davidson is still here next season and intent on playing the same formation, we desperately need more attacking wing backs. Now that Rooney's away, none of the options we have there are suitable in my view - they're all natural full backs being asked to play a role they don't look comfortable playing. 

Michael O'Halloran or Drey Wright as alternative to Brown, is my guess of what he'd be thinking last Summer.

Here's hoping he's changed.

Certainly not surprised by Rooney's departure, I think it was clear from last summer that himself, McCart and Clark were going to run their contracts down. 

I don't enjoy seeing players from our league going down to play at a comparable level in England but in this case I'm glad he won't be lining up against us, for a couple of years at least. 

What is hard to replace isn't the right back, it's the ability of a player that rises to the biggest and most pivotal of occasions. 

He's actually not a very good defender but it became irrelevant because of what else he brought to the team. 

Time for Davidson to show he has the ability to secure a good replacement. 

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

What is hard to replace isn't the right back, it's the ability of a player that rises to the biggest and most pivotal of occasions. 

Ridiculous task to replace everything he brings off the pitch too 

Are Fleetwood expected to do well next season!? 

The smelly fish molesters don’t even have a forum. 

Rooney is defo a good signing for them mind. 

How will The Hobbit replace him? 

5 minutes ago, Girth said:

Are Fleetwood expected to do well next season!? 

The smelly fish molesters don’t even have a forum. 

Rooney is defo a good signing for them mind. 

How will The Hobbit replace him? 

By calling Gary Rowett or Allan Preston if his past form is anything to go by.