Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It would be curious to know what players do have relegation release clauses. 
Hallberg feels an obvious one.

Hopefully Cammy Macpherson.

It would be curious to know what players do have relegation release clauses. 
Hallberg feels an obvious one.

In all seriousness, I don’t think any of the January signings will have said clauses, as bad as it sounds they all knew what they were coming into.

If any players do, I’d say it was one’s signed before January.

Looking at players getting freed throws up some players Davidson wanted in January, so perhaps an early view of what the Summer holds.

So far I get it at Kevin McDonald, Drey Wright, and Graham Carey, who are all set to be free agents.

I'm convinced he'll want to chuck money at Considine or Lamie too if we stay up. So early prediction for next season would be...

LINEUP111652860640629.thumb.png.f66e153250b3c4d14ba053a54adba76c.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

We've recorded a wee preview podcast ahead of the playoff games against you guys. Good wee bit of Saint Johnstone content in there as well from the Dogger Saints podcast. Have a wee listen!

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking at players getting freed throws up some players Davidson wanted in January, so perhaps an early view of what the Summer holds.

So far I get it at Kevin McDonald, Drey Wright, and Graham Carey, who are all set to be free agents.

I'm convinced he'll want to chuck money at Considine or Lamie too if we stay up. So early prediction for next season would be...

Stop wasting your time with this pish please.

If we do manage to stay up, I wouldn't have minded us bringing in Jason Holt from Livi, if he was out of contract. Keeps the ball, reliable, will battle for the cause. Not spectacular but always looks a 6 or 7/10 player when we play them. He was coming onto a game with us when the season ended and he left.

I also think Sweeny at Dundee is worth a look. Big, aggressive defender who give a goal threat at set pieces, which we have really lacked this season. 

As for forwards, that we're badly in need of, there's not many in our price range in this league that I can think of.

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Stop wasting your time with this pish please.

I need transfer rumours Tam, I can't survive the Summer months without any.

36 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If we do manage to stay up, I wouldn't have minded us bringing in Jason Holt from Livi, if he was out of contract. Keeps the ball, reliable, will battle for the cause. Not spectacular but always looks a 6 or 7/10 player when we play them. He was coming onto a game with us when the season ended and he left.

I also think Sweeny at Dundee is worth a look. Big, aggressive defender who give a goal threat at set pieces, which we have really lacked this season. 

As for forwards, that we're badly in need of, there's not many in our price range in this league that I can think of.

If Davidson stays and perseveres with this shit formation, and the out of contract players leave, we pretty much need an entire new team. Certainly at least 1 goalkeeper, 2 or 3 attacking wing backs, 2 or 3 decent midfielders, and a striker or 2 who can actually score a goal. Although I don't think any striker would be able to score goals in this setup with the players they'd currently have behind them, which make Hendry's exploits even more amazing.

Who knows, maybe Eetu and Bair is the partnership we've been waiting for all along......

No idea on who we could sign, but Hugo Bueno on loan from Wolves, to cover the left side of the pitch for the season, would be good, thanks!

If Davidson stays and perseveres with this shit formation, and the out of contract players leave, we pretty much need an entire new team. Certainly at least 1 goalkeeper, 2 or 3 attacking wing backs, 2 or 3 decent midfielders, and a striker or 2 who can actually score a goal. Although I don't think any striker would be able to score goals in this setup with the players they'd currently have behind them, which make Hendry's exploits even more amazing.
Who knows, maybe Eetu and Bair is the partnership we've been waiting for all along......
No idea on who we could sign, but Hugo Bueno on loan from Wolves, to cover the left side of the pitch for the season, would be good, thanks!

I felt watching Bair on the right against Aberdeen that if we played 3-4-3 it could work.

Just depends who your using as the striker to be honest.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A team that will get us positive frothing. 

47 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If we did drop down I’d take Considine, but it’s pretty obvious he’ll be away to Cove.

I can only see him coming to us if he wants to stay local. There is a chance of that happening.

Does he really want to uproot his life and family for a 1 or 2 year deal elsewhere? McInnes will have been enticing him no doubt.

He'd be taking a big drop in wages coming to Cove albeit for PT or FT. I doubt any club interested in him will manage to pay the £100k plus salary he was reportedly offered at the Dons.

I know he tried to negotiate higher with Aberdeen along with asking for a 2 year deal but I think money won't be his motivating factor. He won't be short of a few quid, far from it. It will come down to his family situation and his desire to continue playing in the top league or not 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

If we did drop down I’d take Considine, but it’s pretty obvious he’ll be away to Cove.

He looked pretty handy against us in the first half, ragdolled Grieve about the place, won every challenge with ease.

Problem for him is he went off injured early in the 2nd half. Albeit he hadn't played much football if any for months.