Jump to content

Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Based on the opinion of someone who thought Efe Ambrose could replace Jason Kerr?

I had assumed that Efe & Hector-Ingram were Davidson signings and Bair was HoR signing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

I had assumed that Efe & Hector-Ingram were Davidson signings and Bair was HoR signing. 

I was assuming the poster was saying Bair and Hector-Ingram weren't good enough because they hadn't been played, and that's not a fair way to judge them seeing as Davidsons judgement on players is questionable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was assuming the poster was saying Bair and Hector-Ingram weren't good enough because they hadn't been played, and that's not a fair way to judge them seeing as Davidsons judgement on players is questionable. 

Ah sorry!

 

I’ve head cannoned that there’s something really weird about the Hector-Ingram signing, like he’s ineligible or something. There’s been way too many comments from people who probably are ITK, that suggest it’s a total farce anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Ah sorry!

 

I’ve head cannoned that there’s something really weird about the Hector-Ingram signing, like he’s ineligible or something. There’s been way too many comments from people who probably are ITK, that suggest it’s a total farce anyway.

He was a signed purely as back up as Chris Kane was confirmed out for the season and Ciftci’s injury was feared worse at the time than it turned out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just makes the plan to play for a 0-0 tomorrow all the more justifiable. If it comes off, then fine. Great. Hopefully the game at Celtic Park doesn’t come back to bite us 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Just makes the plan to play for a 0-0 tomorrow all the more justifiable. If it comes off, then fine. Great. Hopefully the game at Celtic Park doesn’t come back to bite us 

Aberdeen have 0 wins in their last 8 away games, and just 2 wins in their last 12 games.

Half their squad has been told its getting punted.

Playing for a draw would be the exact same cowardly mistake as when we went to Easter Road and played for a draw. Just win the fucking game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That late Livi equaliser on Saturday gave me a bad feeling that 6 points ahead with 2 games left and a significantly superior goal difference, though not an impossible deficit to overhaul, was all just set up too perfectly for a fairytale finish for Dundee.

We will be so nervous and cagey tomorrow night that I would absolutely rip your hand off for a brutally shite 1-1 draw.

Us losing by 2 tomorrow then 1 at the weekend isn’t that far a stretch and would leave Dundee just needing a 2 goal win at Livi.

Could well be a moment of madness by a player or a dodgy refereeing decision reducing us to 10 and getting beaten by a few and that GD advantage is gone.

Hopefully just knicker wetting, but if it does come to pass, only ourselves to blame.  Regardless of everything else this season, only taking 2 points in matches against a collection of absolutely shite opposition with little to play for post-split would be some going!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen have 0 wins in their last 8 away games, and just 2 wins in their last 12 games.

Half their squad has been told its getting punted.

Playing for a draw would be the exact same cowardly mistake as when we went to Easter Road and played for a draw. Just win the fucking game.

I share that view, I can think of someone who won’t though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I've already said, you can't wish relegation on your club because good people, that had nothing to do with the failure of the first team, will likely lose their jobs. 

But on a purely footballing basis, I now genuinely believe the best way to guarantee the best opportunity of moving forward is automatic relegation over the next few days. 

It hurts to say that and I'm not pleased or proud to be doing so but it's sadly how I'm left feeling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Even if Dundee had been shafted 5-0 tonight, a part of me knows that Davidson would play for a 0-0 tomorrow. I can't even pretend I can be bothered to go through and watch. What a waste of a season ticket this year.

Edited by Mr Heliums
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I'm at the point now where I welcome death's sweet release. A Charlie Adam led resurgence is all too attractive.

Jamama will be on soon talking about fairytales......

 

 

I just want it to end with the hobbit out on his arse, relegation or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I share that view, I can think of someone who won’t though 

No no, Davidson does want us to be more attacking and try and win games, it's simply that every single week every single player defies his instructions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jamama will be on soon talking about fairytales......


Not sure I’d regard Dundee managing to finish above us as a fairytale but it would be a ‘great escape’ if they did so and won the play-off. Which would be a vile end to the season.

But yes as I said before, the fairytale finish would be Dundee down and Arbroath to beat us in the PO. It would be a magical Scottish footballing story for the Lichties and I, like many other Scottish fans, would take great pleasure from this.

For us, hopefully it would mean CD gets his jotters. Then we would all have Cove away to look forward to. And also Airdrie/QP - two away days I am yet to tick off. Partick away of course means a day out in Glasgow too. Inverness away as well...it’s a mouth watering prospect.

What’s the alternative? We survive relegation, CD keeps his job and it’s another season of that utter pish? No thank you. Last season dreams were realised when the full time whistle blew at Hampden and the cup double was confirmed. Now we can start dreaming again, this time of that full time whistle going at Gayfield confirming our relegation. #ibelieve
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...