Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, double deluxe said:

This is just nitpicking at this point.  

So many others at some sort of fault way before any blame can be pointed at CM.

Our passage of play that lead to Hendry having the ball out wide.

Hendry then losing the ball and Muzz needlessly flying into a tackle (shock) to give away the set piece.

Free header for the flick towards goal then static defending after Zander’s save leading to a free man to have a shot at goal.  

Didn’t mean to sound as though I was attributing the blame to MacPherson, was more just an observation of something I hadn’t noticed at the time.

Tackle from Davidson was needless and stupid in that area of the pitch at that time of the game. Rooney attracted towards the ball and Obileye leaving Fitzwater unmarked is basic stuff

7 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Hendry then losing the ball and Muzz needlessly flying into a tackle (shock) to give away the set piece.

Free header for the flick towards goal then static defending after Zander’s save leading to a free man to have a shot at goal.  

It's not.

@RandomGuy. Highlighted a goal scored by Dundee(?). Where others were busting a gut to get back and Aldi McCann is just sauntering about. 

It's becoming a pattern from this wee covidiot.

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

I've said it since the first time I saw him play for us, but he looks like he has no idea what he's meant to be doing, particularly when we don't have the ball. He seems to have zero awareness on the pitch. He's always a couple of seconds behind everyone else in reacting to what's happening/going to happen, which means he's usually too late to close someone down or get a tackle in, or ends up just wandering around looking lost, or occassionally running around like a headless chicken, flinging himself into daft tackles. Nowhere near good enough for this level, and that's even before we get onto his set pieces......

That's a pretty good description of what he was like with us. He always thought he was better than he actually was. A classic case of ambition outweighing ability.

The only things missing are the red cards for "daft tackles" and the one positive, his occasional screamer of a goal.

Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll get a red card in your last game and be suspended for the play off game.

Still can't believe you paid us money for him.:lol:

51 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It's not.

@RandomGuy. Highlighted a goal scored by Dundee(?). Where others were busting a gut to get back and Aldi McCann is just sauntering about. 

It's becoming a pattern from this wee covidiot.

Gives up halfway through.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

That's a pretty good description of what he was like with us. He always thought he was better than he actually was. A classic case of ambition outweighing ability.

The only things missing are the red cards for "daft tackles" and the one positive, his occasional screamer of a goal.

Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll get a red card in your last game and be suspended for the play off game.

Still can't believe you paid us money for him.:lol:

We also gave Ali Crawford a 2 and a half year contract. Logic flew out the window long ago at McDiarmid Park. 

I felt MacPherson hit too many long, floated passes on Saturday which slowed attacking momentum when shorter, faster passes to nearby teammates might've been better. I remember one instance he had a two-on-one with Booth against Devlin down the St Johnstone left. Instead of sliding it ahead of Booth for a crossing opportunity, MacPherson turned back infield and lofted a harmless switch over to Rooney. (It's possible "always look to switch it to Rooney" might've been an instruction he was given rather than his own idea, in his defence).

Peach of a cross from Brown for the goal. He's not got the dribbling abililty of the likes of Rooney but clearly has a great delivery.

Edited by FreedomFarter

4 hours ago, double deluxe said:

There’s always a fall guy in our support DD, seen it for years, Ryan Stevenson was one ,when just a young guy, Gary McDonald, Ian McPhee from way back, Midge Millar at one point was picked on too, I  really wonder what game some people are watching. CM did ok on Saturday, more than Ali would’ve imo

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

5 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

CM did ok on Saturday, more than Ali would’ve imo

Don’t disagree with that whatsoever, but that speaks for a much bigger issue at the club at the minute. Doing ok shouldn’t really be deserving of a place in the team, but it is. Ali Crawford’s performances shouldn’t be the bar that other players are looking to clear in order to get a place in the team…

I idea that Cameron MacPherson is in any way good enough to play central midfield for a club that has had Morris, Millar and McCann as ball players in there over the last 15 years shows how much standards have dipped. 

I suppose he's probably better than some jobber that played there in 1986 though. 

8 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

There’s always a fall guy in our support DD, seen it for years, Ryan Stevenson was one ,when just a young guy, Gary McDonald, Ian McPhee from way back, Midge Millar at one point was picked on too, I  really wonder what game some people are watching. CM did ok on Saturday, more than Ali would’ve imo

At least Ando wasn't there to turn his back attempting a block.

3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

At least Ando wasn't there to turn his back attempting a block.

Softest cb I’ve seen at Saints,bullied by every cf with any kind of strength,dived into stupid challenges at half way line,but he scored 20 goals in over 400 appearances,so a superstar, is the easily pleased eyes,hth

3 hours ago, Radford said:

I idea that Cameron MacPherson is in any way good enough to play central midfield for a club that has had Morris, Millar and McCann as ball players in there over the last 15 years shows how much standards have dipped. 

I suppose he's probably better than some jobber that played there in 1986 though. 

I’m not saying he’s the answer,but was he worse than Hallberg or Muzz at getting the ball moving?Him getting the blame for the Livi goal is just silly,and points to bias,no matter what he does,same with the Dundee goal,Liam plays a terrible ball,but cm gets further back than Liam,yet was 15 yards behind him when intercepted

33 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Softest cb I’ve seen at Saints,bullied by every cf with any kind of strength,dived into stupid challenges at half way line,but he scored 20 goals in over 400 appearances,so a superstar, is the easily pleased eyes,hth

👍

Cammy MacPherson is shit. He doesn't become less shit because our other midfielders are shit, it just means he's a different shade of shit.

12 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

He gets further back than Liam Craig, who played a horrendous ball 

Craig remains active looking to block space and then moves in to defend any rebound after a save.

"Cammy" stops at the edge of the box and just stands watching play go around him.

That's his flaw, he's horrendous at ball watching and folk run off him.

He's not one you can trust defensively, and he doesn't offer any goal threat, so what's the point of him? He barely keeps the ball better than the others because he generally ends every 3rd move with a moronic Hollywood pass that goes out for a throw in or falls short.

Given a choice I'd have him ahead of Ali Crawford, simply because MacPherson is younger and might still develop, but by all accounts he already thinks he's the finished model so I'd have my doubts. The idea he's anywhere close to Ali McCanns level is genuinely hilarious.

The signings of him and Crawford sum up our shit squad and shit manager. Two absolutely fucking nothing, shitebag, players who saunter about the park knowing the shitebag manager isn't going to do anything when they f**k up. The idea we have any of the three beyond this season is nauseating, they can all get to absolute f**k tomorrow and take about 10 others alongside them.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Craig remains active looking to block space and then moves in to defend any rebound after a save.

"Cammy" stops at the edge of the box and just stands watching play go around him.

That's his flaw, he's horrendous at ball watching and folk run off him.

He's not one you can trust defensively, and he doesn't offer any goal threat, so what's the point of him? He barely keeps the ball better than the others because he generally ends every 3rd move with a moronic Hollywood pass that goes out for a throw in or falls short.

Given a choice I'd have him ahead of Ali Crawford, simply because MacPherson is younger and might still develop, but by all accounts he already thinks he's the finished model so I'd have my doubts. The idea he's anywhere close to Ali McCanns level is genuinely hilarious.

The signings of him and Crawford sum up our shit squad and shit manager. Two absolutely fucking nothing, shitebag, players who saunter about the park knowing the shitebag manager isn't going to do anything when they f**k up. The idea we have any of the three beyond this season is nauseating, they can all get to absolute f**k tomorrow and take about 10 others alongside them.

Ok Daniel,taking the knock back well then?