Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

57 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

8EAB1214-7961-46BF-9C19-5A6C58149C89.jpeg

Absolutely delusional.

The fans have been great in general. The Kelty fall out has been backed up with some solid attendances. Particularly away.

Maybe he picked up on the boos for his golden boy.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Absolutely delusional.

The fans have been great in general. The Kelty fall out has been backed up with some solid attendances. Particularly away.

Maybe he picked up on the boos for his golden boy.

Do you want him to come out and say"We are shite and getting relegated"or keep the players on side and try to get a bit of a run in last 3 games to go into play offs  

I’m not convinced Davidson really believes we’ve played well in our past three, other than the middle portion of the Dundee game.  

Managers’ can’t win in this situation; you don’t want to shatter the already fragile confidence of your players, yet if you try to put a positive spin on it a number of supporters get annoyed because they know what they’ve watched. 

Saints fans are understandably pissed off and some are ready to jump on anything and everything he says.  Best for him to say as little as he can get away with and stick to generic pish like we’ll keep working hard this week etc etc

53 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Do you want him to come out and say"We are shite and getting relegated"or keep the players on side and try to get a bit of a run in last 3 games to go into play offs  

Keep the players on side? 

He blamed the players for losing the St Mirren game 🤣

36 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m not convinced Davidson really believes we’ve played well in our past three, other than the middle portion of the Dundee game.  

Managers’ can’t win in this situation; you don’t want to shatter the already fragile confidence of your players, yet if you try to put a positive spin on it a number of supporters get annoyed because they know what they’ve watched. 

Saints fans are understandably pissed off and some are ready to jump on anything and everything he says.  Best for him to say as little as he can get away with and stick to generic pish like we’ll keep working hard this week etc etc

Have you read the quotes? He blames the players for not keeping the ball well enough in the final third and says they werent good enough. 

Screenshot_20220504-141514_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4e6994a2f4bbd1a14365d148bb49342c.jpg

Genuinely baffling me so many people are out there claiming that's him not shoving the blame on the players?

He could've come out, apologised to the fans for the result at the weekend and said he got things wrong but is determined to fix them. If he wanted he could've talked about how performances are secondary to results in our situation so he's just trying to win games just now rather than entertain.

Doesn't have a go at the players, doesn't have a go at the fans, encourages the support to stick with him and maybe even gets some folk onside again because he's admitting he's making mistakes and addressing the poor quality of football.

From reading between the lines of that Nicholson article on the forwards, anyone else reckon there’s been a big fallout between O’Halloran and Davidson?

2022 MOH is a bit limited but I dont really get why he’s been completely launched from the squad considering some of the huddies that have been continuing to get game time tbh.

3 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

The players aren't on side though are they?? Hence the problem.

22 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

From reading between the lines of that Nicholson article on the forwards, anyone else reckon there’s been a big fallout between O’Halloran and Davidson?

2022 MOH is a bit limited but I dont really get why he’s been completely launched from the squad considering some of the huddies that have been continuing to get game time tbh.

So if Callum and Macca havn't fallen out with them, they've conspired to get them injured, or they've left them on the bench 

Fucking genius management team.

23 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

He's been injured apparently, tbf.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree with this. There isn't much he can say at the moment that will keep fans happy, but that itself is a bit of an indication with where fens feelings are. How to get the fans back onside is by winning games, getting us to still be in this league next season and show something to the fans that given them hope that next season will not be another shitshow. This will also need some structural changes at club and in non manager coaching staff. 

While I think he is running fast out of road, he is not there yet. Keep us up and he isn't getting sacked, no matter how fans feel. If that happens and we see better on the park next season, we'd all be happier. Best solution all round is that this is what happens and we all look back at 21/22 as a blip and maybe something thst needed to happen, bit of a reality check for club and fans. Anyway, I HOPE that is what happens. 

9 hours ago, mizfit said:

I heard a suggestion that if Rowett took the Blackburn job he might be able to persuade Callum to go as his assistant again. Do I think he would? Na he’s been his own man now.

Would you be shocked if Davidson had applied for that manager role himself?

34 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Agree with this. There isn't much he can say at the moment that will keep fans happy, but that itself is a bit of an indication with where fens feelings are. How to get the fans back onside is by winning games, getting us to still be in this league next season and show something to the fans that given them hope that next season will not be another shitshow. This will also need some structural changes at club and in non manager coaching staff. 

While I think he is running fast out of road, he is not there yet. Keep us up and he isn't getting sacked, no matter how fans feel. If that happens and we see better on the park next season, we'd all be happier. Best solution all round is that this is what happens and we all look back at 21/22 as a blip and maybe something thst needed to happen, bit of a reality check for club and fans. Anyway, I HOPE that is what happens. 

Hope so

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

They'd probably laugh as hard as I did when I read it.

Tbf I don't know if he has, but it would be very on brand.

Would you be shocked if Davidson had applied for that manager role himself?

I’d be amazed if he got it after this season. They’ve had their best season in about a decade and could make a playoff push next season.

16/1 though.

You literally responded on a thread talking about our lowest home crowd at Muirton and said you were there. That's why I said you had the games mixed up.

I never mentioned that game at Muirton ( which was not at ), all I was interested in was our comeback at Coatbridge.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have you read the quotes? He blames the players for not keeping the ball well enough in the final third and says they werent good enough. 

Screenshot_20220504-141514_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4e6994a2f4bbd1a14365d148bb49342c.jpg

Genuinely baffling me so many people are out there claiming that's him not shoving the blame on the players?

He could've come out, apologised to the fans for the result at the weekend and said he got things wrong but is determined to fix them. If he wanted he could've talked about how performances are secondary to results in our situation so he's just trying to win games just now rather than entertain.

Doesn't have a go at the players, doesn't have a go at the fans, encourages the support to stick with him and maybe even gets some folk onside again because he's admitting he's making mistakes and addressing the poor quality of football.

No I hadn’t seen those quotes. In all honesty I don’t usually look out for any manager quotes after matches as I don’t think they generally give a true reflection of what they’re feeling after a defeat.

Slightly confused by the quotes you’ve put up though as the ones that were put up previously were Davidson talking about how well we’ve been playing the past few games.

Agree with what you say about not hammering the players, but I can’t disagree with any of those quotes above!

He didn’t single out individuals, just said collectively we didn’t turn up and we weren’t good enough.  Any player that doesn’t agree with it, or who feels upset that it’s too much criticism should be binned. 

It was dreadful, and we have to be a lot better in the next 3 or 5 matches. The manager knows it and the players know it as well.