Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Still a block of tickets left for the Hibs game.

IMG_0278.jpg

Would have liked to see the club make a final push to sell the remaining tickets by now but nothings been said.

Looks like a couple of seats left stranded there.

~260 left to sell. Doable imo.

There was a genuine chance of 3rd this season.

Whoever is responsible for this Summers transfer window, and I mean that as a whole and not just Kerr/McCann, needs to come forward and explain it and understand that what they done was unforgivable. We're still paying the price now as you can see some issues with players trying to learn each others games still since we brought so many in, yet there was no choice due to the farce of the Summer.

Guaranteed our lowest finish since promotion in 2008/09 now, despite us having a strong settled squad, safety secured early, and a massive appeal for potential players. Our only permanent signing before August, and in the entire window, was James Brown.

Honestly just embarrassing.

Yes the f**k up this season has been every bit on a comparable magnitude to last year Cup double, obviously for the opposite reason.

Double cup winning and 5th place prize money, £1m approx guaranteed from UEFA for the 4 European matches, all of them live televised.  The most season tickets sold in a long time.  And our two home European crowds bringing in our biggest home crowds in 20 years or something.

A very talented young side who are all under contract for at least this season.  

As a Saints fan I expect every so often we'll be in a relegation battle, and there's a chance we get relegated. Possibly a team coming to the end of it's time, e.g. when Maclean, Millar and Mannus all wrapped it, or one poor managerial appointment and it all unravels.  

But not this season, should never have been near this position in a million years.

Dont even have to be decent to get 4th this season either; Livingston are sitting there just now ffs and they were 4th bottom 2 weeks ago,

The uncertainty of the pandemic probably played a big part - not knowing what the financial implications would end up being for the club.  As we are traditionally frugal this may have been overdone at the start of the season - with the club trying to make up for things at the January window.  Anyway, whatever the cause a really bad outcome.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

As a Saints fan I expect every so often we'll be in a relegation battle, and there's a chance we get relegated. 

I was actually thinking we're not that often in a relegation battle?

I think the 2 times we have been we've been relegated, other than that we're normally comfortably safe.

The bank balance has become an obsession at the club, as has the whole no transfer fees paid. Sadly that limits who you can sign.

Wotherspoon on the podcast had made comments on aiming for 3rd and defending a trophy as long as we brought in the correct players, so the squad clearly had the belief.

Whatever happens at the end of the season, a full apology at the very least needs made. We’ve fucked it by trying to be too frugal while everyone else strengthened.

I think most people would have said at the start of last season that if you were offered a cup double followed by relegation you’d probably take it.

That doesn’t mean this season was inevitable or remotely acceptable. This has been entirely self inflicted. We’re going to have the bank balance to survive relegation without a financial catastrophe - but that could and should have been used to take a step forward. Third place may have been an enormous ask - but are Hearts really that great a side? I don’t think so. There’s really not a great deal separating the European places with 10th and there’s no reason at all for us to be rooting around down the bottom while Livingston and Hearts - the two teams we’ve actually beaten recently - sit in 3/4.

Just now, mizfit said:

I mean no disrespect to Cammy McPherson, but he’s struggle to start for fucking Letham just up the road.

Mind that first touch against Hearts though...

Actually paid money for this guy as well. What a season.

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Actually paid money for this guy as well. What a season.

Aye.

2 year deals given to James Brown, Cammy MacPherson, Ali Crawford, Michael O'Halloran and Stevie May this season.

Wonderful stuff.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

2 year deals given to James Brown, Cammy MacPherson, Ali Crawford, Michael O'Halloran and Stevie May this season.

Wonderful stuff.

Also can't see Hendry staying.