Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I’m already thinking of us winning at Aberdeen in our game in hand and being only 8 points off top six. We’ll be closer to them by the time we play that game in two weeks. 

Also worth pointing out that Livingston are shocking at home so this was very much a winnable game and massively important so best not to get too carried away with false dawns….

51 minutes ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

Also worth pointing out that Livingston are shocking at home so this was very much a winnable game and massively important so best not to get too carried away with false dawns….

I’ve waited 94 days, been to 12 games of football, seen us lose 10, while scoring just 3 and conceding 17. Please just let me have this moment to get carried away, I’ll be back to Earth come Saturday!

10 hours ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

I’m already thinking of us winning at Aberdeen in our game in hand and being only 8 points off top six. We’ll be closer to them by the time we play that game in two weeks. 

Quite incredible that if we were to win our game in hand, we'd be 8 points off top 6 and 10 away from a European place. Clearly avoiding relegation is the achievable priority, but the league is tight. If we and Dundee can pull a few wins together, St Mirren, Livi and Ross County would be dragged right back into it. Every game now against bottom 6 sides is a real 6 pointer. Consider that had we beat County in December, we'd now be above them.

This kind of pressure is where sone of the experience should kick in and why the big squad will be needed. Teams that are light and inexperienced may suffer. 

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What a difference a ball playing, mobile CM makes, hope to f**k Hallberg stays fit.

Hallberg in the middle and a front two of Hendry and Ciftci could suddenly make us fairly productive going forward…

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Hallberg in the middle and a front two of Hendry and Ciftci could suddenly make us fairly productive going forward…

Plus the Bair man to come off the bench when defenders are knackered.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm all for getting carried away and that but we need to remember we had luck on our side at the end last night. If Forrest gets slipped in that's a goal, still loads of positives to take from the performance but we still need to do better If we're to move up the league.

Tbf I doubt you'll win any game against a decent side at this level without needing them to miss chances.

Big thing for me is we now seem to have some form of depth. We also players coming in who actually have experience of playing and can handle themselves physically. 

Mahon wiping someone out as they countered and then just turning and strutting away, before laughing about it, was great to see.

I think with the size of Bair to come in, we should be able to bully some sides again.

Aye it was quite interesting to see Mahon come on for Gordon, who was struggling a bit with Anderson for some reason since he wanted to battle. Whereas Mahon simply moved him aside and after that point Anderson fell out the game entirely. Both him and Cleary are big lads who’re used to battling and winning every header so it’s good to see after watching 6 months of weak, young centrebacks get bullied by the likes of Van Ween, Morelos and Ramirez. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Heart sunk when Livi scored. Great fight and we’ve been missing it. Last weeks draw, whilst disappointing stopped the rot and gave us a platform to kick on from.

And if anything, coming back from conceding the equaliser might be a big psychological positive. The players like us, will have been thinking recently that if we lose a goal first or a team equalises, we are unlikely to score again. Last night's response should give all confidence.

And if anything, coming back from conceding the equaliser might be a big psychological positive. The players like us, will have been thinking recently that if we lose a goal first or a team equalises, we are unlikely to score again. Last night's response should give all confidence.

That’s the big takeaway for me. It’s a psychological block I think we needed to overcome. We now need to come back from going a goal down. And I trust we will.

5 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

Can't get over how much hairier his left arm looks, compared to his his right. Wild. Either that, or it's the worst tattoo sleeve ever 🤔

We're approaching a full moon, I imagine the other arm will get hairy by this time next week.

2 hours ago, Nelly78 said:

Can't get over how much hairier his left arm looks, compared to his his right. Wild. Either that, or it's the worst tattoo sleeve ever 🤔

It helps him drift inside when making runs from the left as his right side is more aerodynamic than the left and moves through the air quicker.