Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Personally I would love us to tale Kennedy on loan 

By all accounts Kennedys back is completely fucked and needs heavily, heavily, managed simply for him to be able to step on the park.

St Mirren pulled out a deal for him in the Summer after his medical I believe.

By all accounts Kennedys back is completely fucked and needs heavily, heavily, managed simply for him to be able to step on the park.
St Mirren pulled out a deal for him in the Summer after his medical I believe.

In other words, we’re lucky we cashed out when we did.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

In other words, we’re lucky we cashed out when we did.

Guess it's the risk with footballers, you never know when they'll break.

My positivity is definitely on the rise again as the squad is now far stronger and fresher. If we can get one or two  more in before the deadline then that would be a real bonus...I agree with the departures mentioned Ambrose and  Craig with May and Etu out on loan...I don't think.we have seen the last of Liam though.

27 minutes ago, akuram said:

Just a pity we didn’t do better pre-season.

This is it.

No matter what comes to pass over the next day and subsequent months, the club needs to remember what caused this season and always make sure they have a plan going into every window.

This would have been an excellent set of transfers if we weren’t bottom of the league. I still feel we nee proven quality in the middle and up front before the window closes otherwise it’s a big ask for the new guys to come in and turn it round.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

This would have been an excellent set of transfers if we weren’t bottom of the league. I still feel we nee proven quality in the middle and up front before the window closes otherwise it’s a big ask for the new guys to come in and turn it round.

I think that so far we've done what we can. 

Given what happened in the summer, and the sheer size of the squad now, it does look like we'll be seeing a few exits. The difference this time is that other than Clarke (and Gordon but he's just signed a long deal) I can't think of a single player that we could lose that would hurt us anywhere near as much as McCann and Kerr did. Would not lose a wink of sleep if McCart, Rooney, May or MOH left for example. So in that sense we're in a decent enough position. Booth and Kane might be losses but nobody will be buying them. 

By next weekend we could conceivably line up something like 

Clark

Brown  Cleary Gordon Mahon Gallacher

MacPherson Gilmour Hallberg

Bair Hendry

Which would be a bit nuts considering where we were at Christmas.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Agree with this. Davidson’s 3 prior windows were littered with short term signings which has really hurt the squad, which was so young, vibrant and on long deals before he arrived. There’s no accounting for selling your two best players on deadline day obviously, but the short term nature of other signings hasn’t helped. 

Cleary, Mahon, Gallacher, MacPherson, Crawford and Bair have all signed up for two and a half years and Hallberg for 18 months.  Even if we go down, which is probably more likely than not now, we have a strong base to build from and makes the summer a more targeted window. This has been a complete disaster of a season in a lot of ways but there’s green shoots of recovery after this window. I’m not expecting any more long terms signings after Bair, but hopefully at least one more signing to come. 

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

By next weekend we could conceivably line up something like 

Clark

Brown  Cleary Gordon Mahon Gallacher

MacPherson Gilmour Hallberg

Kane Bair Hendry

I don't think we could tbf.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

50% is a massive sell on, but they clearly still have high hopes.

Wonder if we discussed a loan and a ended up agreeing to a transfer.

Never sure what to make of sell ons that high, presumably we're sure we'll end up with more than we spent regardless, while they have high hopes they'll make money too.

Only guarantee is it gives our fans a chance to moan either way. Bair could bag 5 goals this season, keep us up, bag 15 as we stroll into Europe, get sold for £2m, and you'd have our fans moaning about signing him in the first place because we had to give away 50% of the fee.

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

The fear we've gone for quantity over quality is still there but I guess that's the January window. 

Yeah tbf I don't think they had a choice, ideally they needed both but I doubt theres much guaranteed quality floating about this month.

A lot of gambles in there but they feel like calculated gambles to me, so at least theres a chance it works out.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

50% is a massive sell on, but they clearly still have high hopes.

Wonder if we discussed a loan and a ended up agreeing to a transfer.

I can’t see that being right, think it’s more likely to be based on the profit of a future sale rather than just any future sale which does make a bit of difference. Both clubs must be confident in his ability if they’re thinking it’s worth putting that into this deal. 

next seasons’ team:

Sinclair 

Cleary Gordon Mahon

MOH McPherson Hallberg Gallacher 

Bair Kane Wotherspoon 

Subs 

Wills

Booth

Brown

Kucheriavi

Ferguson

Gilmour

Ballantyne

Crawford 

May 

Vertainen

Probably looking for a starting goalie, starting RWB, starting striker and more depth in midfield as a minimum in the summer. It will be a much easier window for the club to shop in than this one would’ve been as well. 

Edited by Kyle