Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I suspect Liam Craig's top flight days are over, and we'll potentially let him go for regular games lower down once we bring in another CM, but part of me hopes we keep him sitting in our stand simply to piss of Falkirk fans.

Guest TedCrilly
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I suspect Liam Craig's top flight days are over, and we'll potentially let him go for regular games lower down once we bring in another CM, but part of me hopes we keep him sitting in our stand simply to piss of Falkirk fans.

You hope a club legend is sitting in the stands unhappy to piss off a handful of fans on an Internet forum? Good grief, great banter.

1 minute ago, TedCrilly said:

You hope a club legend is sitting in the stands unhappy to piss off a handful of fans on an Internet forum? Good grief, great banter.

He's got a bit of a weird obsession with Falkirk. We're not the only club living rent free in his head, right enough.

I’d agree his top flight days are almost over, but he is very much someone they’ll want to keep in the dressing room.

I also think he’s very aware that if anything happens with Davidson he may have an opportunity at taking over that he may not get at Falkirk.

Just need to see what happens.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

I’d agree his top flight days are almost over, but he is very much someone they’ll want to keep in the dressing room.

I also think he’s very aware that if anything happens with Davidson he may have an opportunity at taking over that he may not get at Falkirk.

Just need to see what happens.

Rennie is only contracted to Falkirk until the end of the season, and the signs are he will move back to America to be with his family in the summer.

A good chance of grooming Craig to take over in the summer. St Johnstone I think would be too big a jump for him as his first managerial role. Would be a big gamble for us too obviously given the utter nick we are in and our recent track record of managerial appointments but I think if he came in and coached until the end of the season and did well there's a fair chance of him getting it.

20 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

19 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He's got a bit of a weird obsession with Falkirk. We're not the only club living rent free in his head, right enough.

I enjoy the misery of "big clubs" who are absolutely shit.

54 minutes ago, mizfit said:

We expecting any other signing today?

Think we'll just need to bear with the club until the window shuts now to be honest. There has to be a few more to come and given how massive our squad is, surely some going out too.

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Did the club forget to tell Devine he’d been recalled or something?

He's not been at training since we came back I don't think, so seems the only person that didn't know was the St Johnstone FC twitter admin.

Yep. We were very annoyed he was let go to minnows St Johnstone.
Another Yogi classic.

Ah well fair play, if he is away he’ll be wished nothing but the best by us. He’s played in Europe, won a couple of cups and partook in the Hibs banter years inbetween.

It’s a shame he’s missed out on Falkirk’s *checks notes* seaside trip.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Ah well fair play, if he is away he’ll be rushed nothing of the best by us. He’s played in Europe, won a couple of cups and partook in the Hibs banter years inbetween.

Missed out us winning our momentous and record breaking 4th Challenge cup. We also played in Europe so it's not that big a deal.

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Ah well fair play, if he is away he’ll be wished nothing of the best by us. He’s played in Europe, won a couple of cups and partook in the Hibs banter years inbetween.

I charitably hope you mean "wished nothing but the best"?

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Missed out us winning our momentous and record breaking 4th Challenge cup. We also played in Europe so it's not that big a deal.

We played more game in Europe this season than Falkirk have in their entire existence, let's not start competing.