Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

The fact that Callum Hendry, a player previously deemed not good enough to start, returned to the club and immediately stuck out like a sore thumb for the right reasons… How toxic and lacking in confidence has this dressing room become since the early months of this season?

And it wasn't like he was even particularly good. Pretty much the same player we let go.

I am resigned now that we will not get the players of quality we need in.

Something now needs to change 

Would have bringing on Middleton or May for a centre half tonight been so wild? Could have had Middleton, Hendry and Kane as a front three, the same three in the middle and Booth and Brown playing in their preferred positions. You could almost say it was a system to suit the players.

It's so dreadful to watch.

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

The fact that Callum Hendry, a player previously deemed not good enough to start, returned to the club and immediately stuck out like a sore thumb for the right reasons… How toxic and lacking in confidence has this dressing room become since the early months of this season?

Don't worry, he'll destroy Hendrys confidence soon enough by dropping him to play May and Middleton either side of Kane on Saturday.

If Callum wouldn't change anything for kelty and tonight then I fear he never will.

I can't see anything changing on the park, just more of the same.

It's torture to watch, and has been for ages, and there is no hint of improvement, or working on new things and giving them a chance to come good. It's just the same thing over and over again.

So sad to say, an absolute club legend and always will be, but Brown has to make that difficult decision to change the manager.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If Callum wouldn't change anything for kelty and tonight then I fear he never will.

I'm fairly sure we'll change shape and I think the Forrest signing was a suggestion at the way he wants to go.

5-2-3 with two wingers either side of a striker.

CD was in the main stand last night in Paisley. Maybe looking at what can happen when you ditch a system that clearly doesn't work.

Or maybe just fancied a Haggis, Neeps and Tatties pie. I didn't ask so I'll never know...

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly sure we'll change shape and I think the Forrest signing was a suggestion at the way he wants to go.

5-2-3 with two wingers either side of a striker.

Oh I don’t know. Death, taxes and Callum Davidson’s shite shape absolutely destroying all we know and love about football are the only certainties in life. 

He has to go. He won’t though, so it’s going to take about 5 sensational signings in the next week or so to even give us a chance. You can see that Dundee’s signings will improve the side. The defensive ones for us hopefully will, but two midfielders who were already with us and underperforming and now a striker with what looks like a really nasty hamstring injury, plus a returning loanee who the manager deemed not good enough a few months ago almost certainly won’t. For me, as the manager won’t change shape, we need a right wing back, 2 central midfielders (one who can do the job McCann did for us), a winger and a striker. They all need to be first picks too I think. 

no pressure. 

Edited by Kyle

With Jordan Marshall being out injured leaving Dundee with Cammy Kerr and left back and Christie Elliot at right back, I struggle to believe that the manager seriously thinks that Middleton, however well he’s played this season, shouldn’t be on the pitch at all.

Substitution(s), or lack of, mind-blowing yet again. Squad is in an embarrassing state, probably beyond saving at this point in the window. 

4 minutes ago, scam75 said:

CD was in the main stand last night in Paisley. Maybe looking at what can happen when you ditch a system that clearly doesn't work.

Or maybe just fancied a Haggis, Neeps and Tatties pie. I didn't ask so I'll never know...

It’s definitely not the former. Probably got distracted by planes flying overhead.  

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

With Jordan Marshall being out injured leaving Dundee with Cammy Kerr and left back and Christie Elliot at right back, I struggle to believe that the manager seriously thinks that Middleton, however well he’s played this season, shouldn’t be on the pitch at all.

Substitution(s), or lack of, mind-blowing yet again. Squad is in an embarrassing state, probably beyond saving at this point in the window. 

Two players in the squad who live for 1v1s against full backs and space to run into.

One stuck on the bench because his confidence has been demolished by being played against CBs who just smash him for 90 minutes as the ball flys over his head, while the others been frozen out because he gave a ball away against Rangers.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Two players in the squad who live for 1v1s against full backs and space to run into.

One stuck on the bench because his confidence has been demolished by being played against CBs who just smash him for 90 minutes as the ball flys over his head, while the others been frozen out because he gave a ball away against Rangers.

Which is absolutely wild. All fine and well though, we’ll have a couple new players in the door tomorrow who give us exactly what we already have. Probably another out-and-out full back, who’ll be asked to play a role they're simply not capable of

I can’t believe what I just read.

Haggis, neeps and Tatties in a pie?
Send me the butchers name who produced them now.