Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

57 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think the defensive signings look good. If we’ve found a time machine and we’ve managed to bring 2014 Nadir Ciftci to the future then he might be alright too. 

I kind of agree though. Half the window gone and there’s ALOT of work to do still. 

Cleary might bit ok and kind of replace Kerr. While I suppose Gallagher has the potential but we don't need that. We need guys to make an impact now. 

Ciftci is an utter gamble and will we even play to his strengths? 

TBH I'm still seething about Crawford which seems to provide even more evidence that Callum has completely lost it.

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Cleary might bit ok and kind of replace Kerr. While I suppose Gallagher has the potential but we don't need that. We need guys to make an impact now. 

Ciftci is an utter gamble and will we even play to his strengths? 

TBH I'm still seething about Crawford which seems to provide even more evidence that Callum has completely lost it.

Fitzwater at Livvy looks decent he is on a bosman to always stood out when I've watched him surely he would be within budget tried and tested and has scope to improve?

Crawford the obvious exception, but happy with signings thus far. Need two central midfielders with Bryson out, one of whom has to bring a lot more energy, and ideally at least one winger how fits the formation better. Even with that you could still could make a case for a few more - competition/replacement for Rooney and McCart for example - but think that's the minimum needed

11 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Crawford the obvious exception, but happy with signings thus far. Need two central midfielders with Bryson out, one of whom has to bring a lot more energy, and ideally at least one winger how fits the formation better. Even with that you could still could make a case for a few more - competition/replacement for Rooney and McCart for example - but think that's the minimum needed

Try get Johnson on loan from Celtic if the Iranian winger signs he needs games and looks over the injury 

Pity the first game back is at Tynecastle. With hearts flying, there's a lot easier fixtures we could have had to get a bit of momentum going.

Neilson might pick Souttar, and knowing what hearts fans are like, they create a toxic atmosphere which we can benefit from.

Anything here, draw or Saints win, would be a massive result to get the confidence up.

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

Need two central midfielders with Bryson out.

Probably needed two anyway tbh, I remain to be convinced Charlie Gilmour is an answer to anything this season.

A bombarding RCB and all action CM should've been their priority for this window, then you look to add more creativity/pace/excitement up front.

Cleary has answered one of those on paper. Ciftci sort of answered a question in attack, but nothing done in midfield.

I'd be amazed if Hallberg/Liam Shaw were first choice headed into the January window so being linked to, and missing out on, both should be a giant red flashing klaxon about where this window is headed to me. Genuinely worry theres now just pure desperation on the go and good money will be chucked at bad players in a panic and we'll be no better off.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably needed two anyway tbh, I remain to be convinced Charlie Gilmour is an answer to anything this season.

A bombarding RCB and all action CM should've been their priority for this window, then you look to add more creativity/pace/excitement up front.

Cleary has answered one of those on paper. Ciftci sort of answered a question in attack, but nothing done in midfield.

I'd be amazed if Hallberg/Liam Shaw were first choice headed into the January window so being linked to, and missing out on, both should be a giant red flashing klaxon about where this window is headed to me. Genuinely worry theres now just pure desperation on the go and good money will be chucked at bad players in a panic and we'll be no better off.

https://youtu.be/8JkbCUsQ_eM

35 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’ve never put anyone on ignore before.. 

It becomes quite addictive.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have we missed out on Hallberg? Broadly agree BTW just hadn't heard that. 

Also think Shaw might have been one of the targets, not that it matters.