Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Belarus International winger still 27 looks a right cracker reminded me a bit of Rudi Skachal,dunno what wages are going in the Belarus league but this guy looks like he has skills to light up Scottish football 

I find it amazing that you are finding all these players but haven’t found google to make sure you are spelling players names correctly

Belarus International winger still 27 looks a right cracker reminded me a bit of Rudi Skachal,dunno what wages are going in the Belarus league but this guy looks like he has skills to light up Scottish football 

You are aware that the folk on here don't actually sign the players? You'd be better emailing the club then someone might be able to act on it.

Either that, or post them on the Dundee thread; they're even more desperate for players than us and love splashing money they don't have.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You are aware that the folk on here don't actually sign the players? You'd be better emailing the club then someone might be able to act on it.

Either that, or post them on the Dundee thread; they're even more desperate for players than us and love splashing money they don't have.

All bosmans pal playing in there own country hardly any cash would be involved and no worries won't bother I'm not even a St Johnstone fan

I started this looking at keepers cos I know your losing big Zander it's morphed into something else now

Actually there are a few here that I wouldn't mind my club to look at keeper wise mainly but there are a few outfield players that look good to

We used to sign a good few Georgians in the past as well

Edited by General dissaray

Why do some people right players off at 30 ?
Genuine question as its relatively young now

It's even more significant now than it has ever been with players moving around so readily. Take our team from 2014-15 which finished 4th, based on scoring less than a goal a game but having the third best defensive record in the league. That season the ages were:

Mannus 32. Dave Mackay 34. Steven Anderson 29. Fraser Wright 35. Brian Easton 26.
We also had Chris Millar 31 and Steven Maclean 32, probably others I'm forgetting as well. (McFadden, Croft etc).

July 2020, the summer Tommy Wright left, we had one of the most promising talented young teams we've had in a while. By summer of 2022, the vast majority of those promising players; McCann, Kerr, Clark, Hendry, Rooney, Tanser and McCart will all be gone and we're facing a complete rebuild because those players had/ have offers elsewhere.

If we only sign players in their early 20's with promise, they are obviously hoping to move onto better things. You then face major rebuilds every couple of years. Players around 30, on the other hand, have maybe tried life on bigger money elsewhere and are happy to be settled and enjoy playing regularly and you potentially get 4-5 years out of them.

We obviously need the players in their early to mid 20's, as transfer fees are what will sustain the club long term, but a balance which provides continuity is also important.

58 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Bryson out for 11 games.
I guess that’s why Gilmour is back.

Leaves us with big issues in central midfield.

I'd say there is only really Butterfield you'd be happy with as a starter there.

Crawford needs to play further up as he can't be bothered to defend.

Craig and Davidson can't last 90 mins.

And Glimour is unproven.

I think we need at least one more central player and possibly two. In the depressing event that MacPherson stays, it'll be one probably.

It's been said before but very poor planning that when McCann went the main options for the position were Bryson, Davidson, and Craig - all old and/or injury prone.

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

How do we see the Hearts game going? I see us starting well, only for a defensive howler in the 72nd minute costing us at least a point.

We'll lose. On the positive, that might mean Davidson only has two games left... 

innocent whistle GIF

17 minutes ago, mizfit said:

How do we see the Hearts game going? I see us starting well, only for a defensive howler in the 72nd minute costing us at least a point.

Only Cleary will start, apart from that....

Same style and formation. Ciftci to come on for the last 15 when we're losing and get high balls pumped to him.

36 minutes ago, mizfit said:

A comfortable loss tbh. I've got more confident about it the longer we've gone since a game, but reality will hit again and we'll continue to be the clear standouts for relegation.