Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, mizfit said:

Bid for Zak Rudden has been knocked back. McCalls also saying they’ve more attention too.

Ian McCalls a fanny though, so its not really worth listening to him.

Ian McCalls a fanny though, so its not really worth listening to him.

His comments to the record are funny.

“Aye it’s the board decision, but they listen to me but he’s out of contract in 6 months.”

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

His comments to the record are funny.

“Aye it’s the board decision, but they listen to me but he’s out of contract in 6 months.”

He absolutely reeks of your old da whos trying to convince everyone they're important, despite the fact they've been a bus driver since they were 12.

"Ah decide who gets on the buses you know! Ah dinnae like you youre no getting on!"

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Jamie Gullan…?

Probably another striker who'll do all his work away from goal tbh. I don't think he gets himself into the right positions.

Would rather see us take a punt on Rudden, if its a choice of Rudden, Gullan or Wighton.

10 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

When it came to saving the season, I was hoping for a little more than trying to sign Championship level strikers with some very average scoring records, especially as we're a team that doesn't create chances easily.

Rudden is 21, and has 7 goals in 17 games, a goal every 170 minutes, in the league below.

Wighton/Gullan I'd be more confused about, but to me Rudden would make sense.

Bring him in plus a more experienced/proven striker and we've got a new strikeforce.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rudden is 21, and has 7 goals in 17 games, a goal every 170 minutes, in the league below.

Wighton/Gullan I'd be more confused about, but to me Rudden would make sense.

Bring him in plus a more experienced/proven striker and we've got a new strikeforce.

Agree Rudden seems to make sense, if a bit of a gamble. Looks to have a decent pedigree but don't ever remember seeing him play. Wighton seems like nonsense. 

However we're in a very weak negotiating position. Small-to-medium-sized local business owners flexing over £50k or whatever for the next couple of weeks will I'm sure be very engaging for those involved, but for fans we just want to see players actually in training ASAP. 

The question we're all asking though is just how big a signing is needed to provide enough air cover for the Crawford contract?

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

The question we're all asking though is just how big a signing is needed to provide enough air cover for the Crawford contract?

I don't think they can cover it tbh. They'd be aswell just announcing it and letting the air clear before the next announcement, as tacking it on to the news of someone else signing would be totally unfair on that player.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably another striker who'll do all his work away from goal tbh. I don't think he gets himself into the right positions.

Would rather see us take a punt on Rudden, if its a choice of Rudden, Gullan or Wighton.

Was just something I’d seen on twitter, guy not even sure if the source is credible himself!